Add a torch/flashlight feature to the Fitbit App Gallery

I find that a well lit watch is very useful at night when you want a little light without disturbing your partner or kids. 

A torch app similar to what you find on smartphones would be a great feature (With the watch’s display turned on full white).

A shortcut would be important and the ability to set the default brightness and/or size of lit area of the torch would also be key. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

20 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

enteecee
Jogger

This would be awesome - especially paired with the basic ability to re-order and delete apps. I’d have this flashlight right after weather!

id probably end up using it more than the phone’s Light. 

Mrskeeper
First Steps

Yes. When I bought the fitbit charge 3, I thought for sure this would be something that was already on the watch.

GiovanniBit
Runner

It's a good idea for me.
I proposed the same thing on the Italian Fitbit forum.

This idea could be extended to Versa and Ionic in a similar way.

burkish127
First Steps

Agreed. The ability to turn on the entirity of the Charge 3's display as a flashlight mode would be awesome.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I had the exact same thought when I was bumbling around in the dark recently, with only the Charge 3 on my wrist.

It would be incredibly useful to have such an app, given how bright the screen can get. Love the suggestion about being able to set the brightness too.

Not to mention, there's a kind of James Bond appeal to it!

sergpank
Stepping Up

I would like to use my Charge 3 as a torch.

It could be great to add this app to quick access screen (long button press)

When I am looking my bad at night it could be great to light a room turning on on pixels on the screen.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Please remember to first do the required search. 

You might want to add your vote and comment to the existing request rather than start the votes from zero. 

Torch for Charge 3

Kartus
Jogger

+1

Great idea, it shall not require days of dev and would be a great addition to existing features!

sergpank
Stepping Up

Thanks, I haven't found dat 🙂

sergpank
Stepping Up

If there would be a great to access torch APP by long press (instead of "screen wake" option)
And adjust the brightness by swiping finger UP and DOWN !

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @sergpank, thanks for taking the time to share your idea in the Community, I think this would be a very helpful implementation for many users. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently on "Reviewed by Moderator" status. 

BeauG
Jogger

Hi there,

Using the Fitbit Charge 3 is very practical and I really like it. 

But I noticed that when I’m in a dark room, I turn on the watch to get a little bit of light from the screen. 

Using your device as a flashlight would be very useful, that is the reason why I propose this:

1. Holding the button for a sec shows the user the ability to stop receiving messages or activate the screen. Here should be the flashlight for quick access. 

2. When selecting the torch, a white slider appears granting the user to cover the whole or a part of the screen dictating the amount of light. 

3. When the user wants to turn the light off, simply click the button again. 

What do you guys think? Would this be useful? I always envisioned this device to act like a utility tool as well. 

Thanks.

Beau

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BeauG! Great suggestion, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Charge 3. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

BenMFit
First Steps

App that turns device into flashlight as part of standard apps

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The Versa line and Ionic have this app. It is a big battery hog. 

BenMFit
First Steps
Thanks for the insight.I would not mind the consumption.Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S9.
Status changed to: Third-Party App
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @zizou_ie  and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find the Fitbit App Gallery by selecting your connected Smartwatch in the mobile app, choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then search third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available. Happy exploring!

Please note that if you have feedback for the third party app, you can contact the developer directly by opening their app in the Fitbit App Gallery, finding their contact details (if they have shared them publicly) under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’. Thanks.

Atomic77
Tempo Runner
I think it would be cool if Fitbit had a tracker or a smart watch with a flashlight on lt like a smart phone.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Atomic77, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a flashlight feature. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Third Party". I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.