Add ability to set alarms back to the Fitbit App

Re-add the ability to add/update/delete alarms in mobile apps and sync to all fitbit devices. A recent firmware update seems to have removed this capability from mobile apps and it seems it is only possible to do this on the watch itself. I would like to see this functionality added back to the mobile apps.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

159 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jonnyteach, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the alarm setting functionality to the app again. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. I hope we receive updates soon.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rjjohnso, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the ability to set alarms back to the Fitbit App. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Paullfisher
First Steps

I have a charge 3 and this worked up until last week. Very inconvenient to do

on the device. The app was so much easier. 

First Steps

Since the update my alarm won't stay on. I use the alarm to remind me to take my medicine and I have been missing my meds because the alarm will go off on it's own. One day it works, the next it's off again. I never had a problem when alarms were on the app instead of the device. Please change it back!

Vee9
Jogger
Put Silent Alarm option back on the App
daxzakk
First Steps

I had the ability to set alarms from the app and when I updated on my Charge 3 it removed it.  Put it back.

XCPCR
Jogger

Guys the removal of the silent alarm from the Fitbit app is a backward step, the Fitbit Charge 3 is quite small and fiddly to set the alarm directly on the watch, from someone with large fingers. Please can this be reinstated it works really well on the app and was easy to use. The Latest update removed this function.

Thanks from Bigfingers..

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Vee9. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to set your silent alarms on the Fitbit app again with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions.

Sassawrasse
First Steps

This is the primary feature I use with my charge 3. The watch itself freezes and goes dark regularly, which I hate but oh well, but I can't imagine having to set alarms on the watch. It's so tiny and you can't trust its operation in general, why ask the watch to do more work? Plus it's impossibly hard to read for many people, and hard to use for folks with arthritis or other hand issues. Please just bring it back! 

fiestabear1
First Steps

It was a horrible idea to remove the Silent Alarm feature from the phone app (iPhone). Why in the world would your developers even think to do this? Awful idea. It is so clunky and inconvenient to manage the alarms on the device itself, especially since the Charge 3 is so small. Please bring the silent alarm feature back to the phone app. I am already actively searching for another tracking device and I will not hesitate to switch if this is not remedied.

Kkyeung
First Steps

#Note that you can no longer set alarms in the Fitbit app.#

Please add back the above function into the app, it is extremely fiddly to set the alarms on the charge 3 and charge 4 because of the small screen. Takes ages and much trial and error to do this which was once such a simple task!

Mozula
Jogger

Why would Fitbit remove a very handy and much used feature ? Must have had a good reason or an oversight? 

Didn’t they validate and do their homework prior to remove / change?

Please bring it back and hearing your customers out ( actually hard core fans) will show the DNA of the company 

Bring back the alarms! 

Shelanns
First Steps

Amen. I hate the new fitbit update. I can count glasses of water on my app but not set an alarm? Whose bright idea was that!?!

max2go
First Steps

I'm A Fitbit user since the Charge HR and was ready to purchase the new Charge 4, and the Silent alarm always was an important part for me, and since I'm visually impaired,  the on-device setup is not an option, with the Silent alarm being taken out out the Fitbit app, for no apparent reason, I'm rethinking what my next fitness tracker will be. Sorry, Fitbit.

Mabrz
Jogger
I just completed the recent firmware update that removed the alarm set up on the mobile app. I use three silent alarms every day. These are for different times and for different days. I don’t see an option to set different alarms for different days. It is not very user friendly to set up on the charge 3. Please bring it back to the app.
Khuya
Jogger

Please please please return the silent alarm feature to the app. This update is not an update it is such a huge step backwards. It will drive people away from the Fitbit. You have to create a patch or something to change this now. It is so not functional to work this from the device and not the app...it is crazy! Put it back on the app in its original format for multiple alarms on multiple days. 
And who okayed this change!? Everyone involved needs to be asked really, really you though this was better? 😡🤬🤯

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mabrz, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add ability to set alarms back to the Fitbit App. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Fe737
Recovery Runner
I want a direct answer to the development strategy that Fitbit are implementing. Why are you removing silent alarms function from the mobile app for several of your products. This makes your product inaccessible to a significant proportion of your existing and potential customer base due their specific needs. Why is the benefit of this strategy?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mortonboots, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to set alarms again on the Fitbit App. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

OdinThunderaxe
First Steps
The latest firmware update has removed my ability to set multiple silent alarms from your app, replacing it with a difficult to use, alarm accessed on the wrist.

Why? Who wants to use a tiny screen on their wrist instead of their phone?

Please restore this ability as without it my fitbit is not fit for purpose.
Kas68
Jogger
Please bring back as a matter of urgency, the ability to set alarms on the Fitbit app. The latest update is unfair to disabled users.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Kas68, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to set and edit alarms on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @OdinThunderaxe, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to set alarms on the Fitbit app again. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

GregH48
First Steps

I see many people unhappy that you removed access to Silent Alarms from the app on Charge 3 device and other devices. This was not a good move on your part. Please add access to the Silent Alarm feature back to the app. Accessibility to the alarm feature on the Charge 3 itself is not user friendly!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.