Add ability to set alarms back to the Fitbit App

Re-add the ability to add/update/delete alarms in mobile apps and sync to all fitbit devices. A recent firmware update seems to have removed this capability from mobile apps and it seems it is only possible to do this on the watch itself. I would like to see this functionality added back to the mobile apps.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

159 Comments
ratcityrain
Strider

I would like to be able to add, delete or adjust alarms from the Fitbit app like other trackers rather than being only able to do it from the Ionic

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels

OggyC
Recovery Runner

Hi, i'm pretty sure you can already do that (well not sure about the Ionic but 100% sure about Flex 2)

ratcityrain
Strider

Not on the ionic, but yes on flex 2 and blaze it was that way

xkylet
Jogger

6C8D3E31-AB29-48CB-8F1E-6E8D19A0F408.jpeg

This would be a good feature, I agree. Oddly the user manual says you can use the app, but we know it’s wrong for the Ionic. 

It’s not a nuisance doing it on the watch, but it would be much easier to do it on an app - also as a user of 2 Fitbits for different applications it would be nice to be able to treat them both the same. 

OggyC
Recovery Runner

Hi, perhaps this feature depends on the device you have (Android/iOS) or if your device support this feature

ratcityrain
Strider

I have Android so you are correct, iOS may allow you to do it

Retrorob70
Stepping Up

Yes this would be an excellent feature so that we can set things up all in one space. I have fat fingers and already have a little difficulty when selecting things on the ionic watch face. Seeing all of my alarms in one space with out having to scroll will help avoid confusion on which alarm im trying to change

planudes
Jogger

Allow management of alarms from the mobile app on the Versa and other smartwatch trackers.

SarahGEM
Jogger

I have the versa and it's the same in that the alarms can only be set on the watch which I find quite fidley and time consuming, it was much easier like with the Charge 2 being able to set them on the app.

Sarah_in_SF
Jogger

I would also like to be able to set alarms for my new Versa using the phone app (or Dashboard as 2nd choice). I was able to do this for my old Alta HR and found it very handy. I don't understand why Fitbit would remove functionality from the app for a newer tracker? Thank you!

2katlady
Jogger

Would also like to edit silent alarm duration. Some mornings it hasn't been enough to wake me and automatically snoozes just once and then doesn't alert me again. I would like it to vibrate until I turn it off or snooze it.

DudZorx5
First Steps

Please allow management of alarms from the mobile app on the Versa and other smartwatch trackers.  A description for each alarm would be nice as well.  Thank you for your help!

MOJ
First Steps

Is there a reason this feature was not included in the Versa and Ionic?  It is standard in the Blaze and other models. Why not in the most recent/updated models? 

JCobbJr
First Steps

Add my vote to putting the ability to set the alarms into the apps.  It makes absolutely no sense that it's not already there since it's there for the other products.  </scratches head in confusion>.

Jeffk22
First Steps

My wife got me a versa to replace a well worn charge 2. When she asked me if I loved it I had to say no. Having to set the alarm on the watch instead of the app is a huge downgrade. Please give us back the this feature back. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Glrichardson
First Steps

I just purchased a Versa need and see that alarms are not on my iPhone which is needed.

Can it be added?  I can not see the icons on the Versa to set the alarms.  I need to see the alarms on the phone so I can see them.  

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Glrichardson, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

zeroskyx
Jogger

Greetings,

I believe it's a great thing that we can now set alarms on the Charge  4 directly; however, not being able to set an alarm through the app itself (or the API) is quite a missing feature for me.

I synchronize my alarms over different devices and with the Charge 4, this is not longer possible.

Please consider allowing us to also set an alarm through the app (and the API) again, just like with the Charge 3 and 2.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks in advance and best regards

-Simon

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @zeroskyx. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to be able to add your alarms directly on the Fitbit app. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post hereThis will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Keep adding your suggestions.

TommyD2014
Recovery Runner
Please reinstate the ability to manage alarms on the app for the Charge 4.
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TommyD2014, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about reinstating the ability to manage alarms on the Fitbit app, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Eicen32
Jogger
The reason I'm writing about this is because this feature was removed after the recent firmware update. The alarm feature was removed for no reason, and that makes it difficult to utilize more alarms to sync through the app itself
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Eicen32, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion.

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You can manage silent alarms from your Fitbit device by following these steps.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.