Add again "All day sync" option on Fitbit app for all devices

Why did you take away all day sync? Seems like you just did this, because I just noticed the problem. And for some reason, also doesn't log calories. It is really annoying to have to manually sync when I'm trying to get steps or whatever. It counts them on my device, but won't show up on the fitbit app on my iPhone. Please put this back!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

35 Comments
Wally7565
First Steps
I noticed the app has changed, now the device with the app open does not stay sync'd. when discussing this with support, they say every 15 minutes, I have not see that. I have a Flex, and noticed that I have to manually sync, constantly while I'm on a hike or walk to get an update of my distance and steps. I want the option to make it stay sync'd.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Wally7565, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding the All-Day Sync on the Fitbit app to allow the Fitbit devices to constantly sync with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

VenkateshPatil
First Steps
Please get back auto sync.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @VenkateshPatil, thanks for sharing this suggestion about bringing the All-Day Sync option to the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit App for all devices. You can find more details here: How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

@nurselizzie, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Fantasio
First Steps
The "all day sync" option was taken off in 2020, and what has been added afterwards is not the same as before, as it requires the app to run in background. But the original option could sync the fitbit without opening the app, and that's exactly what we need.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Fantasio, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding again "All day sync" option on Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @nurselizzie, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion about adding again "All day sync" option on Fitbit app for all devices. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Lyressa
First Steps
I need Auto-sync on my Fitbit because I don't think about always opening an app to do this as I'm too busy. And so after several weeks of not syncing my Fitbit, my watch dies overnight after charging.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lyressa, thanks for sharing this suggestion about bringing back the All-Day sync option with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.