Add again "All day sync" option on Fitbit app for all devices

Why did you take away all day sync? Seems like you just did this, because I just noticed the problem. And for some reason, also doesn't log calories. It is really annoying to have to manually sync when I'm trying to get steps or whatever. It counts them on my device, but won't show up on the fitbit app on my iPhone. Please put this back!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

35 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Just bring back the option to turn off all day syncing. The battery in my phone drains extremely fast, since I started using the Fitbit Versa. A manual sync option would be great!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see "All day sync" option on the Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @nurselizzie, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding again "All day sync" option on Fitbit app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Please bring back the all-day sync toggle in the app.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the All-Day Sync option in the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions.

DPlulu
Jogger
Please reinstate All Day Sync on Charge 3 as I need real time stats available on the Fitbit App. The app screen freezes with a snapshot at one moment in time. This is a new change and I'm not happy about it. Need information available in a format that can be seen by those with less than 20/20 vision.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DPlulu. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the All-Day Sync option in the Fitbit app with us. Hi. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions.

Prunie
First Steps
I don't like the fact that the "all day sync" toggle has been removed. I want the choice. Yes, I could turn off Bluetooth, but then wouldn't get the notifications. What is the point then of having the device I have, if I have to turn the BT off and not receive the notifications bc someone decided to have all day sync as default.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Prunie. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the All-Day Sync option available in the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions.

kklar
First Steps
Have Fitbit devices sync without having to physically open up the Fitbit app
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @nurselizzie, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see "All day sync" so you can decide if you want to keep syncing throughout the day or not. Please take into account that when your phone is near your Fitbit device with Bluetooth turned on, it periodically syncs with the Fitbit app to update your stats and download available firmware updates. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

EndZz
First Steps
Seems an update removed All Day sync, great my battery last longer, BUT now I have to manually open the app to sync. Can we please have a sync times every 6hrs/12hrs/24hrs?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @EndZz. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding the All-Day Sync option back to the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. That way we can keep this board organized, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. Don’t forget to click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

ivereatrando
First Steps
When all-day sync was an option, I had it off and only synced once or twice a day. Continuous syncing is killing my battery and my Charge HR battery is only lasting a few days when is used to last a week.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ivereatrando. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding the All-Day Sync option back to the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Almaviva
Jogger
Reinstate control over continuous synching of the phone and the Fitbit device so those who don't need this can stop the Fitbit app running down their battery unnecessarily and allow those who do want continuous updates to have them. In other words, by all means make continuous sync the default, but give back the control to the user.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Almaviva, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add again "All day sync" option on Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @QueenOfOakville, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option "All day sync" back on Fitbit app for all devices. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

JenniferJBS
Recovery Runner
Please restore our ability to turn off all day sync, so the FitBit app running constantly in the background, for functions I don't need or want, doesn't kill my phone's battery life. Will no longer use FitBit until I can turn off All Day Sync.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JenniferJBS. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the All Day Sync option available on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Ryan1979
First Steps
Give me back to option to turn on or off auto sync. Since taking it away my battery life is on a few days now. Plus I don’t want my watch syncing all day long. Just when I want it to
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ryan1979, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync your Fitbit only when wish on the Dashboard. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

JadMad
First Steps
I had turned off all day sync to save battery and for when I’m doing challenges, to stop people seeing my steps until I finished. I contacted you through Twitter and was given 2 suggestions. 1. To turn off Bluetooth which I can’t do as I have wireless headphones and 2 to completely close the app but I like track my route I take.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JadMad, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about the possibility of adding the All Day Sync options for Fitbit devices. 

This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well! 

Thank you for for your participation in the Community forums. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.