Add an additional special category in the Gallery for random/recommended clockfaces

Hello,

Not sure if the title explains it well, so her goes...

There's been a lot of calls to add a "latest clockfaces" category and a "favourites" category, and that would be great, but when Fitbit finally implements them in the new Gallery I would hope that they would keep a part of the current feature, meaning displaying clockfaces at random for each user each day.

I think this category could be called "Discover Hidden Gems", and not include clocks that are already in the Latest or Favourites categories; to allow users to discover different ones at random every day that they may not have even seen before; those that have "slipped through the cracks".

There are so many great clockfaces out there that don't get the exposure they deserve because they will disappear from the front page a few days after publishing, being replaced with new ones; so I believe this special category will bring forth those which have been missed before.

Please vote if you agree, or make alternative suggestions here if you don't.  All I would like is maximum exposure for all our offerings.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

5 Comments
LeiChat
Strider

It's a nice idea (so giving it a vote) but perhaps allowing devs to tag their clock faces and apps with a larger list of keywords might help users discover things better, without pre-defined (or randomised) categories. "digital", "analogue" and "stats heavy" could become tags, instead of being categories/pages.

I quite like the tagging user interface on 1001 fonts... e.g. https://www.1001fonts.com/poster+black+outlined-fonts.html
Or on Stack Overflow... e.g. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/javascript+fitbit

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful. I think this would be a very good way to show all the clock faces available in the Fitbit App Gallery. Thanks for sharing this suggestion.

bsavarin
Base Runner

Thanks to all for voting! Please pass the message to others so they can vote and comment as well!

@LeiChat It's a great idea to tag as well, but not all users utilise this feature.  Clockfaces will get a lot more exposure if they're right in front of them, displaying on a random basis every day. But tagging is a great feature that should be added as well! Thanks for your input!

I would love to hear others' thoughts as well. And please vote if you like it! The more votes, the more likely that Fitbit will add it!

NickJA
First Steps

Great idea 

AntHall
Jogger

Great idea, I've been wanting this option for quite a while now.  The difficulty of browsing the faces in the horrible design of the clock face store, every time you hit the back button it freezes up and you have to start over again, then having most require payment and through a third party method or some other website etc... is ridiculous.  If Fitbit wants to allow people to charge for the faces it should all be done through the fitbit app.  The difficulty makes me stay with the same face for a long time until it just stops working one day, usually because the creator decided 6 months later they now want to charge for it.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.