Add captions or subtitles to Coach videos

I got a Versa 4 Fitbit gift and Fitbit Apps on my iPhone. Coach videos have no captions or English subtitles and barrier accommodation for millions of Deaf and hard-of-hearing customers. 
Federal Communications Commission (FCC): Closed Captioning Display Requirements for Equipment
https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/closed-captioning-display-requirements-equipment#:~:text=Equipm....
If you don’t contact me about adding captions on videos via my iPhone within one month and paying the premium, I will file a complaint and report it to the FCC.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

5 Comments
LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

Hello @SandyVegan and welcome to the Community.  I want to start by writing that I'm not a Fitbit employee, just a knowledgeable user.  I also have family members whose careers crossed decades of television and radio.  Here is a link to some basic information about the FCC: About the FCC: What We Do   I understand your needs, but I don't think the FCC has any regulatory oversight of Fitbit Premium videos.

Please vote for and leave a comment on this request in the Product Feedback forum.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Your FCC link shows that Fitbit with a screen less than 13 inches is exempt. 

• Equipment designed to receive or play back video programming using a picture screen of 13 inches or larger (measured diagonally) must be able to decode or display closed captions, if technically feasible.
LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

@Rich_Laue  I actually know more about the FCC.  I wanted to keep my post simple.  The FCC has authority over audio and video content that is in the public domain.  It's original authority was limited to over the air broadcasts, but now includes all forms (cable, streaming, etc.) in the public domain.  So if you are watching on your phone or small tablet, that device doesn't have to support closed captioning.

Fitbit's videos are private.  This is why I believe the FCC has no authority.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @SandyVegan,

Thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback. We appreciate your candid feedback on this topic. We believe everyone should be able to access and enjoy our products and we’re working on ways to improve support for our customers experiencing disabilities.

To learn more about accessibility features and support on Fitbit devices, see our help article: Which accessibility features are available on my Fitbit device?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@LZeeW i didnt know that about you, i do know that the the FCC has authority over all types of public comunication. 

My point was that the link posted by @SandyVegan does not back up her claims. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.