Add chat function in Premium/Custom Challenges

I'm loving the custom challenges, however there are 2 points of action that needs to be addressed:

- Chat function
Unlike all the other challenges, there is no chat ability. This would be ideal as it can assist in coordinating further challenges without having to message everyone individually or creating a private group just for 20-30 people

Would love to see this changed in the future to make custom challenges more appealing as at this point, it's a slight hassle.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

54 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TessCu! Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

We can see that you have shared two ideas here but we ask that you only post one idea per Feature Suggestion. That way we can keep these boards organized and searchable, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. We have chosen one idea and retitled your idea accordingly. Please repost your other idea as individual Feature Suggestion by clicking ‘Add New Suggestion’.

Marrrmaduke
Marathon Racer

Yes, please. Challenges need to be interactive! 🙂

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

Yes for me, too.  A chat feature is essential or the challenge is boring.

Odyssey13
Community Legend

Chatting is a big part of the fun!

JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

Would be nice to have chat in Get Fit Bingo, too, in case they could be implemented together.

Heather-S
5K Racer

Really need a chat function, Fitbit is a great social tool and lack of chat is very disappointing.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

A chat function is certainly needed! Fitness and challenges are more exciting with social interactions among friends.

NellyG
Cosmic Hurdler

Definitely need a chat function!

Julia_G
Ultramarathon Racer

Chat in challenges is really important - it’s a big part of the fun.  Definitely needs to be implemented.

Giampi71
5K Racer

Chat is even more important for All for One challenge

MichellePY
Base Runner

Is there a way to allow messaging in the new Premium Challenges (FitBit Bingo, Custom challenge..etc)  to promote comradery & conversations  with the various groups similiar to the functionality that is present in the Daily Challenge, Workweek Hustle...etc.?

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MichellePY, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding a chat to premium challenges. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

ThisFatGottaGo
First Steps

How can I vote on this? A little disappointed I’m paying a premium fee for custom challenges but no chats. That takes the fun out of the challenges. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TessCu and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

TLCat21
First Steps

Bingo needs chat!!! You can’t congratulate anyone or jest your competition. 

ChromeDome
First Steps

We need a messaging feature in the premium challenges.  Part of the fun of the standard work week/weeks end challenged is conversing back and forth and smack talking. 🙂 If that is in the standard challenges, it should be in the premium such as fit bingo, etc.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ChromeDome. Thanks for explaining why you'd like to have the chat function when participating in the Premium challenges with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. The status of this request has been updated as "Under Consideration", so don't forget to add your vote to show your support! To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SrRojo
Runner

We definitely need chat in all of the challenge options. It's the most important part about Fitbit challenges, especially when we can't see each other on a regular basis now.

SERobinsonJr
Jogger

All challenges and adventures, including all custom and Bingo, need to have messaging

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SERobinsonJr, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding messages on Premium Challenges. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I think you should update the fitbit bingo to add chat to the bingo just like you can chat in regular challenges.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see messages/chats on Premium Challenges. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

MissBizz
Jogger

Absolutely need a chat feature in Bingo and all challenges!!

Alatar
First Steps

Just discovered the bingo game and it is very fun.  It needs chat like the other challenges.  Without the chat I do not think it worth buying the premium.

Alschmick
Jogger
It would be great if members of a bingo challenge could comment and encourage each other.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.