Add chat function in Premium/Custom Challenges

I'm loving the custom challenges, however there are 2 points of action that needs to be addressed:

- Chat function
Unlike all the other challenges, there is no chat ability. This would be ideal as it can assist in coordinating further challenges without having to message everyone individually or creating a private group just for 20-30 people

Would love to see this changed in the future to make custom challenges more appealing as at this point, it's a slight hassle.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

54 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Alschmick, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see comments on Fitbit Bingo. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

danicaj
Stepping Up

A chat function would be great! Currently it’s so passive.

I would love a chat function in the Custom and Premium challenges. My friends and I currently do the workweek hustle and use the chat all the time to encourage or rib each other. Some of us are in sedentary jobs though so it makes the winner of the weekly challenge pretty much a given. It can be discouraging. We'd like to change over to the 'All for One' challenge but there's no chat function. Please implement this feature! It's on the other challenges so surely shouldn't be too difficult from a coding perspective?

ttrepels
First Steps

Agree, please add chat function to the custom challenges. It now becomes boring..

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SERobinsonJr. Thanks for taking the time to explain this suggestion about having a chat function in the Premium challenges. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Totlpeace
First Steps

Co-signing on this idea! Did the bingo challenge this week and it’s pretty cool but didn’t have a way to brag or tell my friends I placed a good chunk of my activities points on the wrong tile! 😂. Please get this feature up and going soon!

MStachowicz
First Steps

Hey @ttrepels and Fitbit team I'm 100% behind this feature I'm glad to see it's gotten traction, it's been "under consideration" for over a year now, is there any status update on this?

I'm desperate for a chat in premium challenges they are the biggest motivator for me and co where we can support (and smack talk) each other. Please bring this feature to custom challenges. 

DaryaB
First Steps

Ditto! Please implement this and I'll be thankful forever (and buy a premium sub) 😛

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Add a chat feature to the FitBingo games so people playing can converse with each other
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner , and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding chat capability on the Bingo challenge with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Redfit1913
Stepping Up

Just chiming in to add a vote and support for this feature. It’s still under construction… Any updates? 

Wedge3115
First Steps
I would like the message/cheer option added to all of the challenges so that we can "chat" within the challenge. .
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Wedge3115, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to message and cheer in the Premium and custom challenges with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

PremiumUsers
First Steps
I would like to see the opportunity for all to share messages and feedback ('Cheers' and such) in premium challenges.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @PremiumUsers, thanks for sharing this suggestion about  being able to send messages to others in the Premium challenges with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

ttrepels
First Steps

HI Fitbit, is there any progress on this as I see it was suggested already in 2019. 

HungryKitty
Jogger

I’d love to see chat available for premium challenges. Maybe something similar to the Fitbit adventures where it’s in a different tab? This idea has been ‘under construction’ for over a year so I’m hoping we’re getting close. 

Giampi71
5K Racer

Actually it's "Under consideration", not "Under construction"

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a chat section in the Get Fit Bingo challenge with us. Your feedback is appreciated and because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I came here to request this!  I was just in a bunch of bingo challenges and really wanted to talk to the whole team but couln't!

PremiumUsers
First Steps
I strongly agree!!! I have asked this already.
I start weekly bingo challenges, but I cannot "cheer" when people join or
win or otherwise. I find disappointment in that because it really is more
of a 'game' tailored to each player to keep it fair and equitable, but make
it challenging still.
Karonarona
First Steps

Yes please add chat function! I googled why on fitbit bingo is no chat function and found this post. Come on Fitbit give the people what they pay for lol

CRangel2022
First Steps

Come on Fitbit, give us the custom challenges chat option already!!! Its needed for motivation and pushing our teammates to keep going. The original suggestion was shared in 2019. 

aes19
Jogger

Agree with all of the above. Super disappointing to find there's no way to build community or cheer each other on during Get Fit Bingo. Please add this feature! Thank you.

JeanBean6
First Steps

Chat feature and cheering is a must! The fact that it's been YEARS since this was submitted and nothing has changed is disappointing. What's the point of premium without these custom challenges?!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.