Add checkboxes to food log so several items can be entered/deleted/moved at once

I suggested this a long time ago, but since the food log is now going through some changes, I think I'll bring it up again:

It would be useful to have checkboxes beside each food item so users can enter several foods at once instead of one at a time. For instance, if I could check off bread, ham, lettuce, and mayo from my Recent, Frequent, or Custom lists, click submit, and all 3 items will be added at once to the food log. And, if the checkboxes are also added to the food log entries as well (basically, anywhere food items are listed), I could delete or move several items at once by checking them off first.

Currently, it requires too much hunting and clicking to enter several items one at a time. This was also true of the original food log design. It's especially cumbersome on the mobile app—too many steps to add/delete/move just a couple items.

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

hi @pjfarr, thanks for your suggestion, I think that a lot of users will like to have this option when logging food. 

PatrickGSR94
Base Runner

You can also "create meal" to include several food items together, for instance if you frequently use bread, ham, mayo, lettuce, etc. to make a sandwich.  Then when you make that sandwich simply select it from your meals.

pjfarr
Tempo Runner

@PatrickGSR94 

Yes, I know about creating meals. I was just using those items as an example. Thanks though!

Rzmarks
Jogger

also if you go to a restaurant and be able to pick all items at once then press submit instead of having to go back and pick tomato to go on your  sandwich and then go back and put on dressing the go back and put on cheese then go back and add olives then go back and add mushrooms the go back and add tea then go back and add sweet tea........

I would LOVE to be able to delete a bunch of stuff more quickly! I stopped using the app for a while. I have stuff from 2014 up to pretty much last month that I want to delete. It will only let me delete one food at a time. A real pain in the butt when you have almost 5 years worth of entries.

Muskrat25
Jogger
Allow users to save all foods entered into their daily diet. If you haven’t ate it in a few days the item disappear.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Muskrat25, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more options when adding food on the Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

AngelDavis
Base Runner
can we please get a way to multi add our foods instead of selecting each one and going back and forth every day to pick them... And if you don't eat the same thing everyday they disappear off your list.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AngelDavis, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add food in an easier way. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  

You can also vote for these other suggestions: Decide if you want to delete recent/frequent food entries, Programable Food Logging, Copy food log from one day to another and Repeat feature for Food Log.

I hope we receive updates soon.

Clerk03
First Steps

Is there a plan to modify the app to include multi-add of food items?  MyFitness Pal has this feature and it would be so convenient and time-saving if Fitbit would have it.  Please keep us posted on this update if it is in the works.

Nbrubaker
First Steps

This feature would make food logging so much easier and more efficient. It is easier to use a different app, like Cronometer, to log foods than this app. I was able to link Cronometer to this app, but I would still prefer to use one app to track everything.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.