Add chores and other housework activities to Exercise app

Every time I do chores, it gets captured as bicycling or something. I do chores every day as I’m sure a lot of people do.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

45 Comments
DeeBear2
First Steps

Please consider adding: 

Housework features such as: cleaning (washing dishes, dusting, vacuuming, making bed, clean bathroom, wash windows, laundry,# of stairs,  etc.)  clean shed, trim hedges, deep clean deck, etc.  Please include Cal. and time frames for each. Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DeeBear2, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Maatsie
First Steps

I am often very active outside the house other than mowing the lawn or gardening because our home is more rural.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Maatsie, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

LeHerbe
Jogger

The range of exercise options is fairly limited.  Could you add additional options?  Could they be user created?

I’d like to see Ergo - ideally able to link to Concept2 rowers for more data.

but other, non-gym, options would be good:  horse riding, dingy sailing (maybe add a race start count down), climbing 

or options for non-sports activity : gardening, housework - was imagine gamification of doing the dishes!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LeHerbe! We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:
Tracking Exercise: Horseback Riding

Sailing app for Ionic. Speed in knots.

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

skinnybitch2017
First Steps

I would love to see new activities like

1. mowing the lawn 

2. gardening 

3. housework 

4 moving furniture 

as all of these add up to steps,calories and minutes 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @skinnybitch2017, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Lochbuie16
Jogger
Fine tune the sensors on the Charge 4 to stop picking up general movement of hands while stationery and doing everyday domestic activies such as:
washing and drying the dishes, washing and drying hands, putting on face cream, filling the washing machine, shaking something, etc.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lochbuie16, thanks for explaining why you would like to improve accuracy when you're using your Fitbit for everyday domestic activities. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

WebsterNY
First Steps
I got a new Fitbit; updated the firmware; and today I tested step counting. I saw no improvement. The problem: it counts hand washing in steps! PLEASE update accelerometer(s) firmware/software to filter hand washing movements from step counter.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @WebsterNY, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track steps when not performing an activity. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. You can also learn more details about Fitbit accuracy here: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

VonD711
First Steps
Increase your list of activities to count as exercise such as gardening/yard work, Nordic Walking, housecleaning, jump rope, etc..
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @VonD711, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Madept
First Steps
for those that do not exercise every day, we still do activities that raise heart rate and burn more calories, like housework, laundry, yardwork. There should be a way to track this.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Madept, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding chores, yardwork and other housework activities to exercise list. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Pebblesmeleasha
First Steps
Add cleaning as a form of exercise in the options
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Pebblesmeleasha, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding cleaning to the Exercise app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

KiwiJaxx
Recovery Runner

I am typically housebound a lot of the time and the majority of my "exercise" is gardening, laundry and general housework...

Some of these get steps up and others get the heart rate up. It would be great for us older people if these were available options in the exercise selections.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KiwiJaxx, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding housework to the Exercise app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.