Add continuous stress monitoring on Charge 5

Please add continuous 24 hour stress monitoring (HRV) like e.g. Garmin provides in most of their trackers. The current EDA scan only provides a monentary glimpse of ones bodily stress levels and the hourly data from the nightly HRV monitor is sadly not visible.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KallePedersen, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding continuous stress monitoring on Charge 5 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

wbadams10000
Recovery Runner

I loved this feature on my Garmin Vivosmart 4. I used it every day. It was simple to view and easy to understand in a graph view with a time of day. 

KallePedersen
Jogger

@wbadams10000  That's actually quite funny. Last week I returned my new Charge 5 and got me a Garmin Vivosmart 4 instead, as the continuour stress monitoring + body battery (and the nice useful hour by hour data) was, what I was looking for. 

Maybe the Charge 5 will have something similarly nice ... some day .. but the whole "Feature Coming Soon" and the once a day scores for stress/readiness is not for me...

Darbyxx
Jogger

PLEASE bring the relax feature to the Charge 5!!! I bought the Charge 5 because I thought it has all that Luxe had and more, sadly, I found out today that it doesn’t have that feature that I was looking forward to so much. Should I return the Charge 5 and get the Luxe just for that? I was so excited for my Charge 5. I don’t understand why they would not have such a great feature in their newest Fitbit. I’m seriously considering returning for this feature. 

Wiza
Recovery Runner

I'd like to suggest the exact same feature (continuous stress monitoring) as suggested by the original poster, but for the Versa 2. There's a third party app offering something like this (stress monitor) but the app needs to run in the foreground to function (highly unpractical) and the graphs are so tiny on the watch screen that they are hardly useful. It would be great if this were a native feature of Fitbit with the data showing in the mobile Fitbit app.

Moderators, please let me know if I should post this as a new feature suggestion, instead of commenting on this thread. Thanks!

Nicotine_Enhanc
Recovery Runner

Ah garmin has this... great! Good info, thanks.

Nicotine_Enhanc
Recovery Runner

@Wiza jogger, anyone get back to you on this 

Wiza
Recovery Runner

Hi Nicotine,
Nope, I didn't get any feedback on this topic.

Nicotine_Enhanc
Recovery Runner

Mmm... that is ominous. Thanks for the info. I am not sure about the monitoring and feedback on this forum.  It seems to be an afterthought or has less technically able/informed staffing. Fit bit have a lot of products out there so maybe the company is struggling for able mods.  Got to give them access to the data from development departments etc... DJI has similar issues with their forums.  I think forums that sales companies set up could really add to the buzz around products if selected announcements or technical details were made only on the forums. 

Anyway, good luck on your journey.

Balogna
First Steps

Please bring back the relax function.  It is very disappointing to buy what I had hoped was an upgrade to my Charge 4 only to find it is missing one of my favorite features.  I am pondering returning the Fitbit 5 for that reason.   

Zaidgetsfit
First Steps

I'm at sad this isn't a feature. I got the charge specifically for it cuz I saw screenshots

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.