Add dark mode on new Fitbit app

Disappointed that there is no dark mode option given the awful app update to a block of white - very hard to distinguish sections so if you are vision impaired or have dry eyes it’s just not comfortable to engage with anymore. It’s so infuriating given that I preferred my Fitbit app layout and data to my Garmin one which I use the running.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

68 Comments
sleep154theweak
First Steps

Dark mode for the Android Fitbit app.

Please please please.

BusyA
Jogger

Today’s update has removed the sleep tracker, which was I think the last dark mode screen from the old app.

I find the new app screen very hard to navigate, I can’t find functions, there’s too much white space and it all looks cheap too.

I am wondering if Google is committed to Fitbit as I cannot understand why they would deliberately downgrade the app functionality.

Please sort this out Fitbit and Google.

StefanosP
First Steps

Further to my previous posts, I read this article today which goes into some detail about Google's redesign of the Fitbit app, making it fit in line with Material You design language. All nice pastel shades that I'm sure will appeal to many of the younger generation but after two years in the making there's still absolutely nothing about inclusion of a dark mode. How shortsighted and ignorant of these many posts can this be??

https://www.androidcentral.com/apps-software/google-design-fitbit-app-redesign

StefanosP
First Steps

In light of Google's reluctance to take onboard the dark mode issue and our concerns, I have today cancelled my paid subscription. I don't see any point in paying this amount of money monthly when the most basic of app UI choices is not included and our voices aren't heard. I have no intention of re-subscribing to the app until dark mode is incorporated in the the UI!

Tomkw51
Stepping Up
I did that long ago. Notice that they no longer comment on any of the
requests. They are completely disingenuous (liers) I will never buy
any of their products again. I will probably throw away my old charge
4 soon. I am unwilling to subject myself to their application at night
again. Good luck to the rest of you, but I'm done. Goodbye all!
Penneyjo
Jogger
I mainly use this app for sleep, and when I wake up and want to look and see how much sleep I have had, it is just too bright and gets me too much awake, where I can’t go back to sleep again.
corona50
Stepping Up

I also relied on the sleep tracker.  It looks like a cartoon.  I unchecked the sleep focus and going back to wearing a watch as my primary time tracker.  Too bad. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Penneyjo, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having dark mode available for the Fitbit app with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

October blog post said it was coming. It's almost May. Let's go, Google.

jjguice
Recovery Runner

Since August 2023 people have been asking for dark mode display for the Fitbit Mobile App.  When is Google going to update the dark mode feature?  Nine (9) months for one small feature is ridiculous when it should have always been a feature.  Developers, make the change already! 

geminiman7
Base Runner
It hasn't been 9 months, it's actually been asked for for over 7+ years. But it's taken Fitbit/Google 9 months to finally listen and respond but still nothing... smh!
Tomkw51
Stepping Up

I am truly thankful for the latest update to the application.  It is now so useless that last night I finally was able to break free and threw away my fitbit and will no longer have to endure the absolutely abysmal customer care and responsiveness. It really seems intentional on the part of Google.  They cannot be so incompetent as to be unable to implement this in a very short time. Every evolution of the application has been a downgrade and the sleep disturbance of the intense blazing white screen in the middle of the night is intolerable.  Now I am free from their abuse and will never subject myself to this form of cruelty again. May the people responsible for this be locked in a room with a thousand fitbit screens blazing 24 hours a day for two weeks. God forgive me.

Tomkw51
Stepping Up

I am truly thankful for the latest update to the application.  It is now so useless that last night I finally was able to break free and threw away my fitbit and will no longer have to endure the absolutely abysmal customer care and responsiveness. It really seems intentional on the part of Google.  They cannot be so incompetent as to be unable to implement dark mode in a very short time. Every evolution of the application has been a downgrade and the sleep disturbance of the intense blazing white screen in the middle of the night is intolerable.  Now I am free from their abuse and will never subject myself to this form of cruelty again. May the people responsible for this be locked in a room with a thousand fitbit screens blazing 24 hours a day for two weeks. God forgive me.

geminiman7
Base Runner
Agreed! lol 😄
jamespearn
First Steps

Another vote for dark mode. 

Especially important for viewing sleep stats at night when deciding whether to sleep more or not. 

A bit ridiculous that we even have to request this feature.

jamespearn
First Steps

As with many other apps there should be three settings:

1. Dark mode on

2. Dark mode off

3. App's dark mode follows Android system-wide settings

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

Why is this only "Under Consideration" when we were told in a blog post last October that it was coming? Let's go, y'all. Get it done.

Gaydrian
First Steps

Dark mode has been standard for most of a decade, and yet Fitbit still doesn’t have it. This is such an ableist accessibility fail. It’s 2024. Why has Fitbit still not implemented a setting that many much smaller apps have had for years? Looking at bright screens hurts my eyes as someone with an energy-limiting chronic illness. And it’s even worse when looking at screens in the evening or morning. If you actually want to improve health, for everyone, and especially disabled people, add dark mode, like you should have 9 years ago.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.