Add distance to leaderboard instead of steps

I would love to have an option to set the leaderboard based on distance. When it is step based my shorter friends have an unfair advantage over me as they walk more steps per mile.

Moderator edit: Labels 

6 Comments
galaxyjustice
First Steps

It would be nice to be able to show what was being displayed on the friends board.  In my case steps isn't accurate for my group of friends: one tall person around 6ft 6in and his wife 5 ft 6 in.  When they go on the same hike as me (5 ft 10 in) we've put in similar amounts of effort and covered basically the same distance, but the tall person is always coming in last on the friends dash board even though he's generally walking the same distance or even more.  We'd love to change it to show distance instead of steps.

Bcrawfo299
Recovery Runner
In the privacy it says friends should see step/miles. But we can't see that, not even floors. I'd like to see all of those on my friends and they would like to see mine.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

This can be a great motivator for people that care more about distance than actual steps. 

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board. 

LauraLouMunster
First Steps

This would be a great tool for people who are training for races, 5Ks, Half Marathons and Marathons. I was an avid user of Run Keeper and that was great for me and my friends/family because we would be able to see and track the ran, how far they went and the time in which it was completed. This would be a huge motivator! If you are judging based on steps a waitress my go to work then run 1 mile afterwards and hits 15,000 steps when a desk job runs 5 miles after work and only hits 10000 steps. For people who are training for races its more important to compare your distance and time rather than your steps. 

iamsilentspirit
First Steps

I’m surprised this hasn’t been implemented. It’s been on my mind for the past few weeks. I work as a walker at a hospital taking urgent patient notes all over the place so my pace is quick and my stride is longer than normal walking so I still don’t surpass those who poodle around doing smaller distance with shorter strides. Showing distance instead of steps would be an amazing motivator and better comparison. Even if was able to show how intensive the distance was achieved.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.