Add downhill skiing, quad/inline skating, and mountain biking to activities

Please consider adding additional tracker activities to the fitbit app. Would specifically like to see downhill skiing and quad/inline skating. These are activities that are physically intense, but don't necessarily register a lot of "steps". Would like to be able to get the "credit" for the work put forth in these activities. Also, would be nice to see separate mountain biking vs street cycling as the mountain biking speed is likely to be far less due to terrain, but the workload is significant.

65 Comments
JanvanDeinze
First Steps

Hi Sebastiaan,

Thank you for your support.

Does anyone from Fitbit ever look at this?

Greetz,

Jan

Lucy_555
First Steps

agree...

im fitbit user for 2 years. i had charge hr, now charge 2, and im thinking about ionic.

please, add inline skating workout.

bjsexpress
Base Runner

I would enjoy tracking snowboard elevations totals, average and max speeds, heart rate graphs.  Would be cool to see how many feet traveled in a session on the Mountain.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarlenS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @andi-atx and commenters, thanks for your suggestion.

We're always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Although it has been a very popular product for us, we will soon stop selling Fitbit Surge. If you're looking for a new device, we recommend considering Ionic. Ionic is a motivating timepiece packed with fitness guidance, health insights, music storage, apps, and more. You can learn more about Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionicor compare the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Please note that we’ll continue to support Surge from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals.

I think your suggestion is a good one, so I took the liberty of changing the label and title so that it is applicable to future products and exercise developments.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us.

PapaStahl
Jogger
I originally posted about Blaze...
Is Blaze going to be discontinued also?
Superfly60
First Steps

Downhill skiing please!!!

Karu
Recovery Runner

Good idea. Add downhill skiing to the multi sport modes

Karu
Recovery Runner

I agree. I have a charge 2 and if you could add downhill skiing and skating to the app so I could use it in multi sport modes it would be great!

cmr287
Recovery Runner

I have been roller skating on quad skates for years.  After having my fit bit surge and noticing that I am not able to track my activities when I rollerskate I was pretty bummed out. My wife bought me a replacement tracker a year and a half later and it still not a trackable exercise. Please add  in-line skating/ Quad skating a trackable exercise for the fit bit surge.

bleamsy
Jogger

Another vote for adding skating.

hudyss77
Distance Walker

In-line to Ionic. Thank´s

jaclin
Base Runner

I went inline skating earlier today and my fitbit registered it as a walk.  I had to edit it, but I only found roller skating as the closest option.  I plan to do a lot of inline skating this year, so the option to add inline skating or have it automatically come up would be great.  Inline requires more balance than quad skating, so I would think you would burn slightly more inline skating.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I just bought my first Fitbit this past week, the Ionic. I am coming over from Garmin Vivoactive HR for two reasons, one I think the Ionic is a far nicer looking and better user experience and secondly becasue the Fitbit platform intergrates with more of my diabetes managements technologies. What does actually surprise my massively and may actually be a deal-breaker for me is the lack of sports tracking this thing has. My Garmin has about three times more activites out of the box and you can easliy change an activity in the dashboard later (in this case Inline Skating)

I also cycle and run but rollerblading is by far my main activity, I found an app that lets me sync Google Fit into Fitbit and vice versa but it only shows HR and calories in and no GPS. This is shocking to me, OK so you haven't added a native skating activity to the watch but no ability to change after from the dashboard? Come on Fitbit, this is something that every other platform I have tried CAN and DOES do - Garmin Connect, Strava, Google Fit, MapMyFitness.... really missing out and falling behind yor competitors here.

ufii
First Steps

hi fitbit team,

is it possible to add a workout category for in-line skating:)) 

will be amazing. 

thank you

Trumpe
Keeping Pace

Please add this option as soon as possible to Fitbit Ionic, as this is fitness device - we should be able to track our favourite excercises (such as inline skating, ice skating, roller skating or others, not only related to skating)

By end of the day - this is Fitness Smart Watch. It should be mainly about sport and technogy and I do understand that You are focusing on smart watch functions, but unfortunately this device is far from acceptable in both (sports and smart watch)

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Why is there no generic GPS tracking option which we can add an activity to later in the Dashboard? I can do exactly that with Strava and Garmin so why not Fitbit?

Skihope
First Steps

I Like my Iconic tracker as a keen walker and bike rider. However there is a mojor tracking  mode missing. When will you add skiing, both cross country and downhill

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I really miss the ability to track my Inline Skating exercises with GPS! Now I can only log my exercises manually, but I would also like to have a map of where I've been, and stats on my speed etc. 

Please add Roller Blading / Inline Skating to the GPS trackable exercises!

Scryan3363
First Steps

I was out kayaking today and used the tracking feature to map my distance, time and activity. It only gives 3 options walk, run or hike. I chose walk because it made the most sense and it did map my trip, however it did not record the entire paddle as activity because I wasn't taking steps. I know the point of Fitbit it to measure steps but that isnt the only type of activity that that we should be able to track. Skating is another activity that you should be able to track as well. It doesn't measure every step but it could measure distance when out on the river or lake. 

KCaper
First Steps

Add downhill skiing to the list of exercise activities

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KCaper, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding downhill skiing to the list of exercise activities. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @andi-atx and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

BullyB
First Steps

Skatebiarding also 

I'm a keen mtb'er so that would be great to see

Five years now, is Fitbit ever going to track roller-skating?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.