Add downhill skiing, quad/inline skating, and mountain biking to activities

Please consider adding additional tracker activities to the fitbit app. Would specifically like to see downhill skiing and quad/inline skating. These are activities that are physically intense, but don't necessarily register a lot of "steps". Would like to be able to get the "credit" for the work put forth in these activities. Also, would be nice to see separate mountain biking vs street cycling as the mountain biking speed is likely to be far less due to terrain, but the workload is significant.

65 Comments
Habashee
First Steps

Why has there been any progress in this since 2017?

Please update its simple change to add an activity when you have so many.

I really like my Fitbit Versa 2 but if my friends are able to track their skating on other watches, my Fitbit will have to become redundant.

Lusiaczek
Recovery Runner
Adding such activity or external app to do so, none of the available is accurate - it's not running or when I choose normal workout there is no GPS
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lusiaczek, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add inline skating to your activities. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

Michel2506
Jogger

Hi,

I'm hoping this will be added as a feature soon. i have my Fitbit Sense since Christmas and just started inline skating with it. I was disappointed that there is no option to properly track skating.

I now track my skating workout with the Bike preset and it seems to contain the information I want. So for my use there are 2 options to facilitate this:

- Add the ability to convert the bike exercise to inline/roller skating in the app

- Copy the bike exercise shortcut altogether to an Roller Skating option on the tracker.

I understand the movements are similar to bike or fast walking so I don't expect the tracker to auto detect the activity for me.

Habashee
First Steps
I haven’t heard back from Fitbit but you can change the category of exercise to roller skating or inline skating
First you have to create category called roller skating
[Image.jpeg]

Get Outlook for iOS
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Well, depends on your definition of "soon" I guess, but since this was first mentioned by a community member in August 2015 (see comment on first page), I wouldn't put any money on it. 

SandyAlexC
Recovery Runner

Any update on this? I would sure like to be able to track downhill skiing on my Versa3

Habashee
First Steps
Hi Sandy

No update from Fitbit but if you want to track your skiing down hill do the following

I would go into the App
Select “Track your exercise” half way down the home page. This is where the Fitbit tracks your exercises automatically.
That would list all the activities you have done.
Most of mine would come up as a “Walk” or “Sport” even though I was roller skating.
I would select the one the Fitbit logged as a “Walk” or “sport”
That would take me into the activity.
I would then select “Categorise Exercise”
Then in the search option at the top I would type “Roller skating” in your case search for the activity you have done like skiing.
It would then bring uo
Skiing
Cross country skiing

You then select either one.
It would change the name of the activity from “Walk” or “Sport” to one you select above.

Get Outlook for iOS
Ivy449
Jogger
Please add skating ( inline, roller etc) as one of Exercise options
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ivy449, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add /inline skating to the activity list. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

Melindaaa
Jogger
Lawn mowing and inline skating need to be activity options. Grass cutting comes across as riding a bike.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Melindaaa, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add inline skating to exercise mode. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration".

You might be also interested in voting for this other suggestion: Consider adding “chores” or “yard work” as an activity.

I hope to see you around.

MarS73
First Steps

After buying Fitbit Sense, I'm really very disappointed that it doesn't include inline skating. Even the cheapest "noname" bracelets can do this activity, so it never occurred to me that a branded and relatively expensive bracelet would not be able to do it. I'm sorry, but because of that, I have to return your product. Indeed, the overall offer of sports totally inadequate and unfortunately Fitbit or does not cooperate with Adidas Running. 😞

Liveta_G
First Steps
Why there is no inline skating on activities yet? It is really annoying. I am even wondering to change my watch to other brand even tho I was loyal for fitbit for more that 6 years now…
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Liveta_G, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding inline skating to the Exercise app list with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.