0 Votes

Add equipment types to profile

I would like add the type of equipment like shoes or bikes I have to my profile and they should be assignable to a activity type. So I can have a default for an activity and at the end of an activity can change it.
2 Comments
Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ThomasLüder. Thank you for sharing your Product Feedback with the Fitbit Community. We aren't sure what you mean by adding equipment types to assign and default an activity type. To understand this idea better, please reply with more detail or specifics on how this idea would work, or what problem this is trying to solve etc. Also, let us know if you'd like to see this implemented on the Fitbit app, on a Fitbit device, or both.

We look forward to your response.

ThomasLüder
First Steps

Hi @LizzyFitbit , Thanks for you reply.

What I mean is that it should be possible to add equipment to once profile, like the running shoes or bikes.

As an example I have multiple running shoes some for running on asphalt or for running on softer ground like sand.
So it should be possible to connect those to a activity. 

The default activity type is depending on how this feature is implemented.
If the app only support equipment types that you have set, you can make sure I don't get asked at the end of a run which bike I have used.
And you can make sure only equipment types are selectable the makes sense.
Also a default should be possible, so I don't need to select the shoes I used for a run all the time if I mostly go running with the same pare.
Or the bike for a ride. But it should be possible to change that. 

Or if the feature is not limited to a equipment types you have selected and I can go crazy and add my skates, jump ropes or what ever I come up with.
It should be possible to select the activity type this equipment can be used for.
Again, so I don't get asked which skates or jump rope I have used for a bike ride and only see my bikes.

I would like to see the management of the equipment types in the mobile app and the website.
But at the end of an activity it would be nice to see the default equipment preselected and the option to change it for this activity on the Fitbit device.

In the mobile app and website some sort of dashboard is needed, to see all the equipments and how many activities they have been used in.
And some sort of sum if possible for distance, time or whatever makes sense.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again,
Thomas

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.