Add fireworks/variety goal celebration on Sense

Fireworks celebration has been removed from sense. Put Fireworks back and/or choices available.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

24 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Cvinny. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the fireworks and more goal celebrations on your Sense with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Hiddensakura
First Steps
I would enjoy seeing an update to the Fitbit sense step achievement animation that matches or is similar to the charge 3 and earlier watches. These animations include disco ball, fireworks, bird, etc.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Hiddensakura, thanks for explaining why you would like to see fireworks/variety goal celebration on Sense. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon. 

FitAligator
First Steps
I would love to Be able to choose what animation happens when I complete my goal and I would love it even more if I could pick multiple ones to play randomly. I also think it would be nice to have multiple goals show up in the watch and pick an animation for each one. Also it would be nice to add your own animation or create your own!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FitAligator, thanks for explaining why you would like to see fireworks variety for goal celebration on Sense. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Capitanne
Jogger

I would also like to chime in on this. One of the main reasons I upgraded my fitbit was for the daily goal achievements. I used to strive to meat my goal, for that small little celebration I'd get. The fireworks were my favorite, but I also lived the rocket ship. I was so excited to meet my goal the first day of use to see some fireworks in color. Then I got some stupid shoe. I made an effort to meet my goal for a couple other days jn hopes of some variation. Nope, dumb shoe.

I completely stopped caring about the screen, and was honestly very disappointed. I know it's a stupid small thing to be upset about, but I get joy in the little things, and that was one of them.

It honestly made me consider returning my fitbit, and just go back to my old charge 2, where I refused to update it, because I knew stupid things like this would happen.

If you guys could honestly fix it in the versa 3, I'll be happy to keep it. I have little hope though, considering this post was made 4 months ago, and you've done nothing. 

deiG
Sprinter

Better customizable, allowing developers to create celebration scenes

benjamynn
First Steps

I know it's crazy, but the fireworks celebration upon steps completion is a big deal. Please add it back to my new Sense.

qmanning
Jogger

As crazy as it sounds - this is the primary reason I am returning my Fitbit Sense today. 

Second reason is poor watch faces that do a poor job of showing how much progress is left. 

Third is bugginess - faces glitch, swiping is delayed, etc.

Fourth is how even with a device like this, y’all still won’t let me log water or calories on the device. I have to open my phone. That’s wild.

Considering that this is only $100 cheaper than an Apple Watch, it’s a huge disappointment.

Sharoncoda
Jogger

I have just got the Fitbit sense and very sad the fireworks are no longer on this,the dots and trainer just don’t do it any justice. Please could you add the fireworks too it,this would make it much better. 

Sharoncoda
Jogger
Fitbit sense Fireworks for target goal
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Sharoncoda, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see fireworks for goal celebration on Sense. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Maureen98
Jogger

I would also like to request that the fireworks feature for reaching the daily step goal be added to the Sense. I had it on my Ionic and enjoyed the celebratory moment each day - I regret that it doesn’t seem to be available on the Sense.

KD60
First Steps

please improve the celebrations on charge 5.  The boot is downright boring 

BTWalker
First Steps

Had a Charge2 for years and it was great. Got a Versa4 for Xmas. Not only does it not greet me in the morning when I put it on, it doesn’t give me fireworks when I hit my 10000 steps. Having lots of difficulty getting it to do the things I want … like adding apps, etc. and the Relax app seems unavailable. 

I noticed that other Fitbit wearers are missing the fireworks and it seems like this has been a complaint for awhile. 
Seriously considering returning mine. Honestly don’t see what the price difference yields. Seems to have the same functionality as my Charge 2, albeit with a prettier screen. 

headspace65
Jogger

Hi fitbit support, I recently (12/02/23) upgraded my fitbit charge with a fitbit sense 2, however there is one feature that I am so surprise that you have not taken on board. The goal celebration is very poor. I noticed on the fitbit community people are raising concerns regarding the lack of celebration once we reach a milestone. Why is this feature lacking? The fitbit charge was amazing in terms of the celebration milestone. The reason I updated to the sense, was because I had to keep replacing the strap. Now I have the fitbit sense I am tempted to back to the charge. I feel under whelmed by the lack of celebration feature which just shows a foot. Are there any plans to update this feature? If not I really do feel that I will be down grading to another model, whether it be a charge or versa?

Part 2

I have noticed that on the community chat that you did have the fireworks celebration on the fitbit sense but you removed it with this silly shoes. This does not motivate anyone. Please can you change this back to the fireworks?

headspace65
Jogger

Look forward to receiving some positive feedback from you regarding upgrading the Sense celebration. 

headspace65
Jogger

Hi fitbit support, I recently upgraded my fitbit charge with a fitbit sense 2, however there is one feature that I am so surprise that you have not taken on board. The goal celebration is very poor. I noticed on the fitbit community people are raising concerns regarding the lack of celebration once we reach a milestone. Why is this feature lacking? The fitbit charge was amazing in terms of the celebration milestone. The reason I updated to the sense, was because I had to keep replacing the strap. Now I have the fitbit sense I am tempted to backb to the charge. I feel under whelmed by the lack of celebration feature which just shows a foot. Are there any plans to update this feature? If not I really do feel that I will be down grading to another model, whether it be a charge or versa?

headspace65
Jogger

It looks like the community has been requesting the changes to the celebration for a couple of years, it would be really good if you could finally do a product review on the fitbit sense 2, and make the necessary changes.  Fireworks are indeed much more of a motivation than a foot!

jtarango
First Steps

Hello Fitbit devs,

I am also voicing my support for celebration options on my device. I have recently upgraded from a Versa 2 to a Fitbit Sense. Surely the upgrade would offer an improved user experience, but it didn't live up to my expectations.

I really got a kick out of watching the fireworks come up on my Versa 2 screen. Even my kids used to ask me to tell them when they were coming on. It reminded me of reaching the castle in Super Mario Bros, perhaps. : ) 

So, how about it? Is it too much to ask? Is there a technical reason that disallows you from implementing this feature? Please let us users know. Thank you.

LissaJay
First Steps

I upgraded from the Charge HR to the Sense 2. Every time I see that dumb shoe, it's such a disappointment. Please add the option to choose fireworks as a goal celebration.

jtarango
First Steps
Agreed! 👍
Kennyfb
First Steps

Yep, I'm like everyone else here...once you have had the fireworks, nothing else will do!

PHRoberts
Recovery Runner

Looks like this has been a suggestion for about 4 years, but add me to the list of people who are sad to see that my new Sense 2 doesn't have step goal celebrations.  My Versa 2 made me smile with the streamers and fireworks.  This shoe is doing nothing for me.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.