Add floors climbed back to future Charge series

My Fitbit One died. I was told by Fitbit that they no longer offer floor tracking in any tracker model they sell and the only way to get that added back into their products is to post to the community and have enough people ask for it. Really? Fitbit - please add it back & don’t remove it in future models and Community - please ask or it’s gone
10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ElfieKH, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding floors tracking back to Fitbit trackers. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Guy_
Space Racer

Floor tracking is available on all Ionic, Versa and Sense watches, though there is a bug currently on the Versa 3 and Sense.

ElfieKH
Recovery Runner

Thank you Guy! It makes me wonder why they have removed floors tracking from the trackers if it is still available in the new watches. Are they planning to phase out trackers as they shift volume of sales as people try to get features they want? I hope not. I stopped wearing watches many years ago because they are uncomfortable for me. Hopefully they will add floors tracking back to the trackers. 

wzdjodie
Recovery Runner

I want the floor tracker too... I live in a 3 story home and I run up and down the stairs all day long..  my exercise ..

I just bought the charge 5 without really investigating properly..  I had the charge 3.  It tracked my stairs  loved it!!

SO just assumed with newer model it would have all the old features plus some new ones...  but charge 5 does not count floors..

I am sad!  

Joanne   

mdtaffet
Recovery Runner
I need to upgrade from my current Charge 4 so that I can have a model that can be turned off at work when necessary, but the Charge 5 is not an option because it doesn't track floors. I won't buy any FitBit devices that don't track floors. So I'm hoping that the next generation Charge will bring back the floors tracked.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @mdtaffet, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding floors tracking back to the next generation of Charge series with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

mdtaffet
Recovery Runner

I forgot to mention that as a person who has had knee replacement surgery, stair climbing is one of the best exercises to help me continue to strengthen my knee, so being able to track it would be not just very helpful, but essential.

TheresaGoss
First Steps

I agree the smaller trackers should all be able to track floors you have covered. 

BCon4
First Steps

Charge 5 definitely  needs floors climbed tracked. I loved this feature and was sad to not find it on the newest charge trackers I have to buy every year because fitbit charge trackers seem to stop working after a year. I really like fitbit and the only downsides I think is the missing floors tracked and the having to purchase a new fitbit every single year. 

eebtan
Stepping Up

I agree that the Charge 5 definitely needs to track Floors climbed. I am surprised that a basic function like Floors climbed that is in Charge 3 and Charge 4 that I used before is no longer available on the Charge 5. I hope the next software update will include this feature as I don't want to wait until a Charge 6 is available. and I can no longer purchase a Charge 4 as it is not on the market anymore.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.