Add hour setting into countdown feature (in addition of min and sec) for Charge 5

In the countdown feature (on Charge 5), only 'minutes' and 'secondes' can be set, which is limiting any countdown to 1 hour max.

I would really use this countdown more if I could set also a 'hour' setting, to extend this function to 24 hours (or even more).

And rather easy to implement I suppose.

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Zicinparisand thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion with us about the possibility of adding the hour setting into the countdown feature for the Charge 5. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Freedom7
First Steps

I would likewise use this feature on a daily basis. At the moment, I don't really have a use for the countdown function. It would also be nice to have multiple timers/stopwatches going simultaneously. Thanks for reading!

delumen
First Steps

I would really like this feature, I have a Fitbit Inspire HR and used this regularly. I find it quite disappointing that a simple feature like this would.be missing from the Charge 5. It's one of my only dislikes about the device.

OmnipotentGoose
First Steps

Please add this, seems silly that a premium fitness tracker can’t count down in hours

bobraymond
Jogger

I have the same problem with my brand new Inspire 3 ... only one hour! My Inspire HR permits several hours. I am disappointed!

Jfloo
Jogger

Yes, yes, yes! Very disappointed with the lack of hour option on the Luxe. I used it daily on inspire.

Nate3155
First Steps

Absolutely need this, I recently upgraded from inspire 1, and it had hours and used it very regularly.

s-rhodes
Jogger

I’d like to add my vote for this please. I’ve just upgraded from HR Sense which had hours and minutes to Charge 5 which does minutes and seconds. A countdown timer with hours and minutes is much more useful.

Can I also ask if any of these requests actually make a difference? I’ve seen threads going back over several years asking for what seem to be simple things or asking for features that older models have and yet no change.

Zenzan
First Steps

Just updated my Inspire HR and I'm really disappointed that the Timer Countdown feature has been changed with this new Inspire 3. Need the Hours back! Seconds are useless in a Countdown. I used the Timer feature with the Hours and Minutes settings daily. It was very handy. Makes no sense to change this feature in the first place. Please change it back how it was before. Make everyone much more happy. 

skywachr
First Steps

Please add hour capability to the timer. I now need to become a grazer (eat every 3-4 hrs) after decades of not eating this way. All for my health and medical needs. Having the Fitbit able to do this would be a tremendous aid too me. Thanks.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.