Add indoorcycling

I would like to get new excercise apps like indoorcycling and workout excercise which is not based on intervals. It would be really helpful to track individual workouts in gym or at home based on our own tempo, or based on apps with video excercises. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & label

40 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@19leus97 @rlyun Thanks for your suggestions.

I agree it would be cool having more exercise apps. We'll see what other Community members think.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

As for indoor cycling, this is called Spinning and is available for your tracker.

19leus97
Recovery Runner

I know, I found it. But I would like to get more shortcuts. Why should I erase one of my activity to pin a new one?

redd508b
Stepping Up

Would be nice to have app for Stationary Bike,  so many people are using them a nice quiet way to get in a work out without the hassle of going to a gym.

I know have to put my phone in my pocket and take the reading from the phone not my Fitbit it does syc to my Fibit but never really sure if is correct.

Thank you

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@redd508b I'm not understanding the comment on your phone. Your tracker does have a mode called spinning. This is what the exercise in an exercise stationary bike is called.

redd508b
Stepping Up
Hello Thank you for your reply.  Where and how do I get this (spinning) app that you mention?
As for my phone it's syc with my Fitbit when I use my bike it does record steps for my Fitbit but as I said not sure it very accurate.
Thank you
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@redd508b this is explained in the FAQ. I have to leave for work.

How do I track exercise and activity with my Fitbit device?

Learn all the ways you can track activities with Fitbit.
JeanLor
Jogger

Agree more exercise apps. I would like to see the stationary rower.

Sdp1970
First Steps

Please can we have a stationary bike exercise option, not spinning, on the versa. The normal cycling option isn't suitable for gym based  stationary biking. Thanks.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@fls29 your Versa does have a spinning option. The procedure to add spinning is the same procedure used when adding spinning to the Charge 3. 

See FAQ #2

How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

LisaHumphreys
First Steps
That's great! Thank you, I don't think it was there when I first got the
versa, great it's there now!
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@fls29 spinning has always been available on every tracker. However the user needs to add it since it does not get added by default. 

See question two of the FAQ. This is added the same way as it was added to the Charge 3.

How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released. There are 20 exercises are available in the Exercise app, including 'spinning'. Learn more about how to track workouts here.

@19leus97, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!”

Dee953
First Steps
Add a stationary bike option to exercises
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dee953thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about the possibility of adding stationary bike as an exercise on the device. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here, as this helps to keep the forums for organized and readable for all members. 

Keep in mind that there are 20 exercises are available in the Exercise app, including 'spinning'. Learn more about how to track workouts here. You can also vote for this idea about adding stationary bike to the exercises that are tracked automatically by Fitbit devices. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.