Add irritability & mood swings to Menstrual Health Tracking

Please add irritability and/or mood swings to the female health tracker! This is a major symptom that tells you that your period is on its way, and will remind you why today you want to strangle your partner! 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

20 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lotten, thanks for sharing your suggestion. I think that a lot of women will appreciate your request. Keep sharing your ideas.

ttcking
Stepping Up

Second this! Or better yet, make a two-way integration with a more robust fertility tracking app, such as Ovia.

brannora623
First Steps

Yes! I'm also bipolar and sometimes I don't know if I'm moody because of that or hormones. I have an IUD so my hormones are lower, but still there. 

Oy. 

Claret101
First Steps

I can’t agree with this more. I was really surprised it was missing!! Irritability is one of my main symptoms.

DayleK
Walker

Yes! Please add irritability to the female health tracking

BecomingDesa
First Steps

I was surprised, too, that irritability or anger was not included as a symptom. Every woman I know talks about irritability around her time of month. So it made me think that perhaps these moods were engineered into the system by men, but then, aren’t they the ones that probably realize most how irritable we are around our time? LOL. 

stenochris
Recovery Runner

It would be great if you could add sad/crying to the mood in female health.

Claret101
First Steps

Hi stenochris, there is a sad mood already.

stenochris
Recovery Runner
I didn't know that they scrolled to the right!  Thanks!!

Chris Duffield
smytty96
First Steps

Yes please add irritability and/or anger! 

Plus cravings...  between the F-word and crackers slathered in any nut butter, my two main symptoms are not trackable.

Hodo
First Steps

I'd love to see a more nuanced selection of mood choices in the female health section. Add anger (or rage) and irritability for instance. Even apathy and or depression which is different than just sad. 

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Hodo, Thank you for your suggestion. I moved it to this thread as here the subject is already being discussed, and will get the attention needed. Let's see what other users think about it.

Starraye97
First Steps

I think in the mood section there should be irritability as one of the moods.

krjoyner56
First Steps

MORE MOODS. I'm tired of choosing stressed when i want to pick grumpy or angry or teary. I know there was an update recently but the options aren't really enough especially when the app tracks moods. We need more negative mood choices. Please add moody, cranky, angry, hot mess. I know i'm currently angry and anxious. I use the app "My Calendar" or did before i switched to fit bit and their choices are voluminous. I don't suggest you guys go nuts but maybe take some from there...but it would be cool if you did add them all. ::enter fleeting smile:: 

Anyway, ladies health and moods can't be summed up in just 6 moods; we're nuts. Please help us track the roller-coaster of our hormones. JOY...love being a lady. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Starraye97! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request, so you can show your support voting for this idea. You can also take a look of this one: Add “Angry/irritable” to emotion options Female Health Tracker.

Pinklet
First Steps

Yes please. Angry is my main symptom so I'm amazed it's not an option for tracking. Stressed is the closest but doesn't describe the irrational anger and irritability you feel for a couple of days. Please add it in! (Another one useful to track would be hungry. I'm always constantly hungry for a day or two as well. Likewise feeling bloated.)

Kredman
First Steps

Yes! Mad/angry/irrritable should definitely be an option. 

mynameiselin
First Steps

Totally agree! All I want is to be able to choose angry or irritable as my mood.

It's really strange that it's not already an option. Anger is one of the most fundamental feelings in humans. I think it should have been prioritised way higher than nervous and stressed.

A2T
First Steps

Yes please!
This would be the most used selection for me.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Female Health tile. You can find more details here: How do I log or delete female health details?

@Lotten, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!”

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.