Add jump/skipping rope exercise shortcut

I would love to have a feature to track jumping rope for exercise!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

45 Comments
VinceZ
Recovery Runner

Hi,

I have just received the Fitbit Surge XL. I would like to make a feature request that Fitbit add rope skipping to the exercise tracking.  It’s an exercise I use for my cardio and would be great to track the wrist repetitions.

Thanks

Vincent

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @VinceZ thanks for stopping by to share your suggestion. I think it's a great workout, I hope this can be implemented in the near future.

If you have any other great ideas, don't hesitate in visiting our Feature Request board.

See you around! Woman Wink

SanjayIndia
First Steps

Got Surge recently and found it useful as i m an amateur. Rope Skipping exercise is added would greatly help in using Surge . Fitbit should consider adding this feature in list of Exercise. 

nine9six9
First Steps
Fitbit allows several exercises "loaded" as options on the device; when I go for a walk, I select walk as an exercise, press start and start walking. The walk is then tracked real time. I'd like that option for jumping rope, please. Is that possible?
Danaelston
First Steps
Add as a choice in the same way I choose elliptical. Just being able to log it isn't accurate. Seems easy enough.
pieperu
First Steps

I agree that adding "Skipping" as an excercise is a great idea. I recently bought the Fitbit Blaze and i do a lot of skipping for HIIT training so it would be good if it was trackable

Darkhorseee
Jogger
Yes, please add jumping rope as one of the exercises!!
Dafauti
Base Runner

I have been using Fitbit Blaze since August 11, 2016. I would request the developers to add feature for tracking jumping rope.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fab Smiley Happy

@Dafauti Feel free to add your vote, the more votes increases to chance of Fitbit making this available.

Dean14Sage
Jogger
A jump rope tracker in conjunction with a round timer would be perfect! To be able to set work and rest times would be very helpful. Three minutes on, one off, would be great for boxing, as well as other sports, or 20 sec on 10 off for tabatas. The ability to set each would be important.

I fully support this.

haroldmcabee
Jogger
Need to implement jump rope into exercises.. I use a hr2. Thanks
Artahban
First Steps

Hi, I have a fitbit Flex and when it is not an ideal weather to run I stay home and do rope skipping.

If there was a feature of "rope skipping" under exercise section which could track the fast pace of rope skipping it would be fantastic.

Scott16121
Recovery Runner

Hello, and thanks for reading my thoughts. I would like to see a new exercice feature added to the list. That feature would be "Jump Roping". I mean a lot of us use a jump rope for cardio.

Reza
First Steps

Dear Fitbit team,

I'm using Fitbit Alta and do not get full credit of my skippings each time, so please kindly consider

making it an auto-recognizable activity or at least a type of exercise among the existing list.

Cheers!

Rehmatullah
First Steps

I would really love to see this feature in my fitbit charge 2. Rope skipping is the only excercise I do.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

I think this is a great suggestion. I've seen some users asking about tracking jumping rope on the forums. I'll go ahead and forward your request to our team and hopefully, this will be added soon. Thanks for sharing such a great idea! 

YSL13
First Steps

I have been using Fitbit charge2 HR since Feb17. I would like to request adding jump rope to exercise activity. Thank you!

PattoBandito
Stepping Up

I totally agree with you. This should be an automated exercise already. its a bigger cardio workout than running. I'm 42 yrs of age and I still skip since the age of 10, when I started boxing training.

Eddfmc
First Steps

It shouldn't be that difficult to add skipping as an automated exercise tracking. Right now I manually log my record into Fitbit but the steps and calorie burnt is Inaccurate which made the record useless for me.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree. Adding in "jumping rope" as an option for the cardio workout would be AWESOME!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

As above.  A skipping exercise profile for the fitbit ionic

Moore_Cowbell
First Steps

Please add jumping rope as an option for a workout. I have a Versa.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Really looking forward to this coming. I have been using "workout" and get 900ish per hr, but skipping should give 1074 per hour, accordingly to zen dude fitness on YouTube.   Its been giving me some pretty intense workouts and I would love to choose the specific options of ",skipping" or "jump rope"

Zanias
First Steps

Hi, could you please add the exercise jumping rope. It is the number 1 way to lose weight better than running and yet, it is near impossible for me to get a true representation of the exercise that I do.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.