Add link in Fitbit recipes to log calories/nutritional info. automatically

The suggested recipes look yummy in the videos but lack ingredients and nutrition information. I’ve also seen apps with suggested recipes with a link to add to app calorie tracker. I signed up for premium specifically for the data tracking of calories in and feel this is lacking in the Fitbit product.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

6 Comments
Kathleen5
First Steps

This is very frustrating.  The recipes do look especially good but just a little video doesn't quite do the trick.  Are these just advertisements for Eating Well?  I think you can do much better.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JennyAlida, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a link in Fitbit recipes to log calories/nutritional information automatically. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Aggiefern
First Steps

I completely agree, it's great to have the food ideas there, but it's rather pointless without the actual recipe. I find the lack of a recipe very frustrating I would rather have nothing than only half the information. I also thought it would be great to be able to add recipes as food items automatically. I'm 1000% on board with this idea.

The app is supposed to make life easier, not harder by giving you suggestions and making you look them up elsewhere. Fitbit have an opportunity to make a one-of-a-kind app, not only could they provide you with the recipes, but to allow you to add them to your food log would make this a feature I would consider paying for.

LindaMat
First Steps

I agree. For me the recipes are a waste of time, such as seeded bread, with no measurement for amount of flour etc so impossible to make. Needs to be in grams not just cups as used in the States. You also cannot construct your own recipes with number of portions so that you can add to your daily calories. Also some of scanning doesn't eork for some food packages on U.K. 

It is for this reason that I have stopped using the Fitbit calorie intake and reverted to a much more useful snd user friendly Myfitnesspal.

LKos_Pgh
Jogger

I agree 100%. The main reason I joined premium was because the recipes looked great....but they aren't recipes at all, just videos that are litte more than a marketing ploy. Very misleading. 

Hollihobbi
Jogger

This has been an ongoing complaint/request for years now. I’ve been tracking similar feedback since 2020. Why do we still have useless videos with no actual recipe? What’s the point?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.