Add more achievements goals & targets

A missed opportunity?

Coming from a 'gaming' background I am well versed in trying to achieve goals and targets such as those on an Xbox for example; where generally you'll have many achievements to open up and brag to friends. These days are long gone now, but maybe something can come of it. 

This represents a fantastic opportunity for FitBit I believe and something that should be focused on. When you first added the challenges I was 100% focused on them, wanting to hit them milestones to add to my tally. I and many thousands of other gamers are mentally targeted at gaining such things.

I believe if you add and keep on adding many more medal's/achievements for personal goals and bragging rights FitBit could continue to grow and grow.

The mere fact that I went from sitting on a couch striving to gain achievements in a game, to beasting myself in real life to gain achievements is a wonder and something that could become the norm for kids and adults alike.. Smiley LOL

Looking at these achievements/medal's I don't mind if you add them within the app itself or maybe look at Google's Play Games features where apps/games can create custom achievements for their product which can then be seen by the world.

I for one am fed up with the negative press FitBit gets for no other reason than slow news days. Maybe this idea can pull in a whole new breed of FitBitersSmiley Very Happy

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

2 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion will be released on Fitbit Premium, our new health and fitness subscription service. 

@Chris3k1, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! We have also given you access to Fitbit Premium so that you can explore and enjoy your suggestion.

Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!”

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.