Add more swimming stats (lap times, elapsed time, distance or length) on screen

Upgraded from Ionic to Versa 2. Very disappointed with Swim tracking. Versa 2 lost the ability to keep track of elapsed laps. I have to count manually and that defeats the purpose of a fitness tracker. I was told this is working as designed. I will be returning the Versa 2 to Fitbit until this functionality is added. Going back to Ionic. Need the ability to customize Swim stats by:
- Completed Laps
- Elapsed Time
- Heart Rate   (vote here!)

Moderator edit: Removed personal information and clarified subject

416 Comments
MH_London
Recovery Runner

Exactly...

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The information on the versa 2 states that this watch, like the ionic, is suitable for swimming. While swimming, the ionic indicated the number of lanes, meters and time on the screen. The app also provided an overview of the different strokes I had swum. Unfortunately the versa 2 only shows the time on the screen, in the app the number of meters. That is very disappointing. Can the ionic swimming software be installed on versa 2 at a next update? It is not the case that only runners, mountain bikers, workout athletes wear a Fitbit versa.
Swimmers wear / buy the versa 2 as well. Now apply the right software, the versa 2 is also talked about enthusiastically in the swimming pool.
Thank you for your answer and effort.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner and @alex.rozov! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

MH_London
Recovery Runner

Hi @YojanaFitbit  — Thanks for pushing this through. This feature is a bizarre miss in an otherwise good product and urgently needed. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick response. It is good to read that you think it is a good idea and that you contribute this to the similar request. I am very curious about the sequel.

Have a nice weekend and a friendly greeting,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Barbobka
Keeping Pace

I have Charge 3 and I would like to see number of lapses I’ve already finished while swimming. The only thing I see is time. I think this information should be added for all model for swimming.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Thank you for your comment. I hope that fitbit will soon introduce this
idea in the next update.
DrDrew99
Recovery Runner

My ionic, and apparently the original Versa, showed the number of lengths and distance achieved when I swim.  My ionic screen got scratched, so I decided to update to the Versa 2, as all the ads make it seem like the ideal fitness watch.  Trouble is, when you swim, the only data you get is the stopwatch.  The data is being gathered, but you have to go to the app to retrieve the data.  Please put the real-time data back on the display while I am exercising - I want to know how much I've accomplished, or how much farther I need to go.  It's no help to look and see I've been swimming for 14 minutes.....

DrDrew99
Recovery Runner

Amen to all of those who have begged for real-time stats for swimming - ON THE WATCH !  The FITNESS watch, Versa 2.  The chat help person keeps telling me to go to the app for lengths and distance - that's as helpful as putting a pencil and paper on the side of the pool to keep track.  The data is in there, why won't you put it on the display?  I only have a couple of weeks before I lose the ability to get my money back - please provide feedback ASAP.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DrDrew99thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to maintain this board organized.

steve2000
Recovery Runner

Are we all wasting our time complaining about this lost feature from the Versa to the Versa 2.

Platitudes from the moderator that having a lap counter is a good idea, dose not seem to get us any where. 

What happened to the customer is always right?

Fitbit need to listen to their customers, not just hear, as without us, not sure they actually have a business....

It has been 8 months since this was first raised on the Community and nothing has been done.

The technology already exists in the original Versa so it surely is not  a giant leap to include it in an update for the Versa2, SOON

MH_London
Recovery Runner

Agreed, a total fail. All the moderators are doing is moving the comments around ... presumably out of view of prospective customers. 

SharonB123
First Steps

I've returned mine, it was pointless without swim laps.  I bought a Huawei, still no laps but does show distance swum on the watch.  Only £50 too! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It is good to see that many versa 2 users also swim. That the lack of counting the lanes (as with the ionic) is seen as a big fitbit error. It is exciting how Fitbit will deal with this. Is the customer being taken seriously?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

As you can see with my photo - jogger - I am not a jogger but a swimmer. However, I cannot get a jogger by name.  Does anyone know how I can change this?

steve2000
Recovery Runner

Nope, the customers are being ignored, this has been going on for over 8 months.

Such a shame when the original Versa was a useful bit of kit for swimmers, Versa 2 useless.

If they were truly interested in their customers comments on the Community posts they would have done something by now.

This is the last Fitbit product I will ever buy, will change to a better option in the new year.

DrDrew99
Recovery Runner

I’m not sure if this goes directly to the moderator (YojanaFitbit or EdsonFitbit), or if the appropriate people at Fitbit will see this, but the response you have given me seems to suggest that you don’t understand the problem.  You’ve again told me how to obtain my swimming stats from the app AFTER the exercise is completed.  What the increasing number of Fitbit Community members are begging for are the stats to be displayed on the watch DURING the exercise.  If you were walking on a trail where the end was 2 miles away, would you want a sign on that trail to tell you that you have walked for 7 minutes?  Or would it be more informative to have a sign that says you have gone 1.5 miles and only have 0.5 miles to go?  There are options for running, treadmill, golf, etc., to customize the stats that display on the watch.  The original Versa and the Ionic display swimming stats during the exercise.  Thus, it seems like a miniscule step to put the live stats for swimming on the watch display DURING the swim!  What are we missing???

AdamL13
First Steps

I agree. They really need to bring the stats back. It is stupid it wont track laps or length of swim unless you get out to check your phone.

Coulsal5
First Steps

Please update the versa 2 so while swimming the laps are being counted not just amount of time swam.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Coulsal5. Thanks for adding your suggestion about getting more stats from the Versa 2 when swimming. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and watch this space for updates.

DrDrew99
Recovery Runner

Hey everyone, MAYBE we are making progress with Fitbit....three different moderators have moved, edited, or clarified our comments about the need for swimming stats to be displayed ON THE WATCH, DURING THE EXERCISE!!  Today, however, YojanaFitbit, another moderator, at least stated she agrees that those stats would be a good idea.  I'm hoping YojanaFitbit can get this moving, because what are now hundreds of comments asking for real-time stats (ON THE WATCH) have not seemed to get a response from the company.  If you agree that we need swimming stats, please vote, comment, and continue to repeat the suggestions to Fitbit.

Liamohare24
Jogger

The Fitbit versa 1 shows the lengths whilst swimming but for a bizarre reason the newer more expensive model the versa 2 only shows a timer and doesn’t show u how many lengths u have done. Can it be added back in to the watch I don’t know why it would have been removed from a fitness app?! Seems the technology has gone backwards

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Liamohare24! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

MH_London
Recovery Runner

Hi @YojanaFitbit — Is there any chance we could get a reaction to this issue from Fitbit?

Various moderators have moved, collated & edited the posts on the topic several times now ... but the issue itself remains unsolved. Thanks

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Benna101! Thanks for sharing your suggestion about being able to see your swimming data on the Versa 2. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Don’t forget to click on the thumbs-up to show your support!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.