Add more swimming stats (lap times, elapsed time, distance or length) on screen

Upgraded from Ionic to Versa 2. Very disappointed with Swim tracking. Versa 2 lost the ability to keep track of elapsed laps. I have to count manually and that defeats the purpose of a fitness tracker. I was told this is working as designed. I will be returning the Versa 2 to Fitbit until this functionality is added. Going back to Ionic. Need the ability to customize Swim stats by:
- Completed Laps
- Elapsed Time
- Heart Rate   (vote here!)

Moderator edit: Removed personal information and clarified subject

416 Comments
Chrisroper_02
Jogger

Can you get each lap timed. Lap tracking and timing works well so hopefully an easy update to include individual lap times

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

Norvs
Base Runner

I hope the Fitbit application can show the swimming lap time instead of calorie.

BD222
Jogger

Lap times appear on ionic but are not transferred to historical record in the Fitbit app.  This should be an easy feature to add. Lap times are already available for runs.  Tracking calories per lap seems to provide little value so replace with lap

times.

Elliefan
Jogger

nice to have a lap counter when swimming so you don't forget how many laps you've done

Norvs
Base Runner

@Elliefan Lap counter is already showing but once you sync your Ionic to Fitbit App, it will show you the lap and calories burned instead of timestamp per lap. However, if you need to monitor the lap count during the actual swimming, you can set the Pool Length and show cues automatically.

Untitled.jpg

Elliefan
Jogger
Hi,

I have the flex 2 not Ionic and this doesn't have a lap counter which is why I have suggested it.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It's very frustrating that the Ionic shows lap times, but the web dashboard / iOS app / Android app do not. The calorie counts shown on the the web dashboard / iOS app / Android app are pretty much useless. Exercise watches from other vendors (e.g. Gamin) show useful swim information in their web dashboards / mobile apps.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

This is a definitely needed feature. Should be quite easy as the lap times are already tracked on the watch - it just doesn't currently get transferred to the app for recording and display (and instead the app shows calories burned per lap - an utterly useless metric for training). 

Dirk74
Recovery Runner

Essential feature to improve training.

Splits, lap times, stroke style and SWOLF.

duffp
Jogger

Since getting a Fitbit Ionic when they first launched just over 6 months ago, I have been astonished at the level of progress the Garmin watches have improved their training monitoring for swimming. This includes GPS tracking for ocean swimming. I like all the additional features Fitbit offers, however if Fitbit can not improve its swim training features - even just for lap time splits (swimming is my no.1 exercise) - then I think I will go down the Garmin route.

sppsl
Jogger

lap time lap time lap time please! why would you need to know calories burnt per lap? this is a useless feature!

RazzleTom
Base Runner

Please add swim lap times like it is done with running (mile splits) . Should be an easy add. I just had my first swim of the year and need to improve for a race in 6 weeks. Let's do it!

elepolt
Jogger

Adding my voice for the necessity of lap times on the dashboard instead of calories.

colopi31
Stepping Up

Difficult to understand why lap times are not transferred into the Fitbit application when they are available and shown at the end of the swiming session on the watch. They are then replaced by the calories per lap which is completely useless.

And without talking about the lack of number of movements and SWOLF... Poor compare to Garmin.

hughstevenson
First Steps

Please can we have the swim lap times feature Man Happy

Cparsons27
First Steps

Bought the Ionic to track swimming, very disappointed with the lack of features, most of all the very basic reporting of lap times!

Will have to move to Garmin if is not updated soon.

LouisUhler
First Steps

Add swim time splits please

Echoing all the others let us access all.the data via the app.  I wear glasses so I cant read the lap split times on the watch when I am.done. .

Meg22
Jogger

This is a definitely needed feature! And it should be quite easy as the lap times are already tracked in the Versa itself - it just doesn't get transferred to the app. Instead the app shows calories burned per lap - an utterly useless and stupid metric for training! PLEASE ADD THE LAP TIME FUNCTION FOR SWIMMING!!

Versaswimmer
First Steps

I bought Versa for all my family and now heading to the store to return them all because of no supporting at all about swim lap time record. Since the unit already has internal data they can easily add the funtion but unfortunally I did not see any progress at all for last couple of months. So disappointed. Fitbit, remember that you are not only drop your current customers but lost stock holders.

johnsutcliffe
First Steps

If you can just put a table of lap number and lap time in the app that would be great. 

Hashibot
First Steps

Seriously, Fitbit, how is this that hard to update after requests have been on this site for a year? I have the Ionic, love it for the most part, but not transferring and being able to look at lap times in the app or web interface or even in the watch itself after you've completed the activity? That's pretty aggravating, especially since I can see all of that for running and cycling. Can you please make this update???? 

Shubie
Jogger

Hi, I agree completely. A lap time display in the app would be much more insightful than calories burned.  Please could this feature be added to the app.

As an aside, I note that there are a number of forums on this very subject, so there is clearly demand. I also noticed that yesterday one of these forums was closed with the comment to say that it has been decided that this feature won't be enabled. If this is the case, it would be great to understand why fitbit have taken this decision even though there is clearly demand for lap time output.

Dhruvanand93
First Steps

It amazes me how a leading smartwatch can't add a basic stat like this on their app (especially since it's being tracked on the device). The stats displayed from swims are anyway very limited.

Going to have to switch back to Garmin.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.