Add more weight tracking options

Hey! I have a scale that does my BMI, water %, bone density, fat %, and muscle mass. Anyway you guys can add any of those metrics to the body weight log? It’d be nice to keep track of everything in one place

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CallmeIshmael17. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding more weight tracking options with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Sirmixalot
First Steps

I second motion and vote to bring all mentioned metrics to be developed within the Fitbit App "weight log" and released to the people. 😆 Please^🍒  For real though, I logged in today seeing someone else had suggested it already, great minds and all that.

StephM_AU
Jogger

Come on Fitbit.   Your users have been asking for the app to be updated to include captuire of water%, bone% muscle mass% in addition to fat% since 2015 and we are now 2021! Virtually every smart scale out there tracks these basics now and at least 8 fitness apps that I know include it.  What is the delay?  You could initially extend the manually input from only Fat% to all of these and syncing from a smart scale as a second release, if more time to develop is needed.   All of the serious fitness friends I have are now moving away from Fitbit, because it is "no longer a serious contender and more for those that just want to track step count"   Is this the demographic you are after?  I love my fitbit, but after 10 years, even I am starting to get really frustrated that I have this great food tracking but have to use a different app to track the benefit. Surely 6 yrs of waiting is enough.   

HenrikWUE
First Steps

I would like to suggest that the default value for each metric should be zero. Otherwise, users that do not add these variables always have to manually set them to zero.

At the moment, this is the situation with the Body fat %. This would be nice to see independent of the addition of the above metrics. 

WildCatRunner
Jogger

Thanks for the suggestion, I was going to add this suggestion my self but Im just gonna vote on this one. 

It’s really an important feature in the fitness community to be able to correctly track these body composition. 

So sad that Fitbit didn’t add it yet compared to other tracking devices app. 

I hope three add it soon. 

DutchHarry
Recovery Runner

Upvote:  add to existing Weighttracking also the fields for body fat, body water, muscle ratio, bone mass, AMR & BMR that can be manually edited. Cool when these entries also shows up in the weight graph in case these values are entered. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.