Add new badges for distance and steps

I hit Pole to Pole and Satellite more than 2 and 3 years ago. I just purchased my umteenth tracker - the Charge 4. I want some motivation to stay on this platform vs moving to Garmin - how about some new distance and stair badges to brag about.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

97 Comments
trkrao
Jogger
Please provide a tracker in the dashboard section with details showing distance covered/total distance to be covered for the next lifetime kilometer badge and name of such next badge.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @trkrao, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see new Lifetime Distance Badges. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

rioreiser
Jogger

I hope Fitbit realizes that the request for new lifetime badges will now become more and more frequent as an increasing number of fitbit users will reach the pole to pole badge.

rast
Jogger
You have a badge for someone who walks from North Pole to South Pole, why not one when someone walks the circumference of the world (24,000+ miles)? The achievement should be recognized.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rast, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a new Lifetime Distance Badge after Pole to Pole. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

You can also vote and post on this other suggestion: More badges and trophies (Add badge ideas here!).

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @dstangis. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having new badges for distance and steps with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. You might also be interested in this other suggestionTo learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

freedom65
Recovery Runner

After 3 1/2 yrs  using my fibit  I attained my satellite badges. I have also attained pole to pole batch.  I am 68 yrs old retired 10 yrs ago and  I have more than likely walked enough to get 2-3 pole to pole and satellite badges. Once we attain the top badges we should accept them as an accomplishment and continue to walk just as we did before fitbit. I don't need or want any more badges, all I want is good health to continue to walk and cycle.

trkrao
Jogger

Totally agree. one likes to walk as long as he is fit to walk and for that one needs motivation to look ahead for the next goal

trkrao
Jogger

Please consider adding more lifetime Distance Badges.. The gap between the Russian railway (5772 miles) to Earth Diameter( 7900 miles) and the last one Pole to pole (12,430Miles) is too far and it may take years for normal healthy man to accomplish. Some badges in between are required for two reasons. One is to keep up the motivation to achieve the next one and the other more important b one is , he/she will not drift away from his healthy walking routine which is harmful for the community and overall objectives of the fitbit. Hope an early action is initiated. Thanks in advance.

laurajbd
Jogger
This has been suggested before, but not recently enough that I could vote on it.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @laurajbd, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see new Lifetime Distance Badge after Pole to Pole. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Frandworkin, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

C2theSquared
Stepping Up
There needs to be a distance badge higher than Pole to Pole because I have achieved that distance and need something new to work towards.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mortonboots, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more badges for distance and steps. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Buckethiker
First Steps

Just want to add my interest in more lifetime distance and floor climb badges. I hit Satellite long ago and I'm very close to hitting Pole to Pole. What's next? I don't need anything fancy/themed, even just a badge at numerical intervals will be motivating. I'd think this would be easy, but I see here people have been asking for literally years... Just do it already, Fitbit!

Frandworkin
Jogger
Good luck! I hit pole to pole a long time ago- not sure why it would be so
difficult to create a few more badges!
CET26
Stepping Up

Why is Fitbit deaf to user please for more distance badges? Clearly. users want more badges and it takes nothing to add them.  I'll be getting my second last badge next month, and after that there's nothing to look forward to for another 5000 miles. Why so lame, Fitbit?

seamar116
First Steps

Since Fitbit has no intention of being creative with new lifetime badges, I have moved on to the Conqueror Challenges. Costs a bit, but the medals they send you are very cool. Fitbit could set individual targets and when people meet their goal, award a trophy.

For example, the Conqueror has Hadrian's Wall, Route 66, the Camino, etc.

Or how about converting stairs into mountain summits? Lots of ways to be creative if you cared to be.

rivuala
First Steps
I agree. I’m on my last Fitbit if they aren’t going to throw us a bone. Seems there are too many other options out there.

Sent from my iPhone
reb124
Base Runner

I live in a hilly neighborhood and try to walk daily (age mid 70's) . The floors climbed are as important to me as steps / miles walked and I get motivated by the badges. I need lifetime climb badges beyond 35,000. I am nearing 45,000 and would like to keep adding badges.

Avi_F
Recovery Runner

Basically agreeing with the previous posters, one alternate option would be to to allow resetting once you hit the maximum lifetime badge, so you are gaining the badge a second time. Getting periodic feedback on accomplishments is a positive thing. It would also be good to have a badge between the Earth badge (which I have already earned) and the Pole to Pole, which will be more than a year in the future. I will just create something locally for myself, and award myself the standard set of badges for 2021, and see how far I can get during the year (targeting to get at least 2021 miles in 2021).

Ejr17
First Steps

Where are the new badges???? We need some encouragement. Now that you are with goggle please let the programmers add some! I want to start a serious effort to get this done! Just like 💎🙌🏻 

Bjuhl
Jogger

Please consider adding more lifetime distance badges!  I am approaching Pole to Pole and don't want to start all over just to get that extra motivation of reaching the next badge,  Ecven Equator, which would take some years to reach, would be welcome.

It seems like this would be a great way to increase customer loyalty as you know Fitbit users who reach these long distances have been customers a number of years.  I've been through 4 trackers in my Fitbit journey,   Seems you like would want to keep us around and this doesn't seem like a huge cost to add.   Thanks for considering,  

Avi_F
Recovery Runner
One more vote for adding new badges. I'm still before the Pole to Pole, but
should get there in the next year.
akravetz
Recovery Runner

I too want more badges. I'm about to get the pole to pole and hate the idea that there is nothing more to work for. Just add a badge. First off, I imagine it will spur more people to stay with the company and not go to AppleWatch or whatever. Second, it's just fun. Please. I have had my FitBit flex now for six years. And yes, it's a Flex. I have no desire for all that fancy stuff. Just want my steps. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.