Add new challenges to the Fitbit app

We need more challenges, I have been through the current challenges dozens of times new challenges could consist of countdown clock to walk 2021 miles in the year 2021 or a challenge the first person of the group to reach a hundred miles in a set amount of time, challenges similar to that actually any challenges would be nice I've even been through

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

18 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KickingAsphalt, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding new challenges to the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Kerstilee
Jogger

And some challenges that are not so US centric would be good too...

stroodle
First Steps

Please do more Adventures- I love these walks and challenges, you just need more of them from all over the world, not just a few going around Yosemite National Park.  It would be great to track progress down the Great Wall of China or The Himalayas, Yellow Stone, The Silk Route...there are so many great walks you could do for these adventures, please add them in.

Morgansmith
Stepping Up

Yes! My group and I have been through the challenges dozens of times and end up getting super bored but we keep doing them because we need motivation.  It's hardly motivating anymore though because it's so monotonous.

LiaRose
Stepping Up

I've done all parts of the Yosemite adventure more times than I can count, and keep waiting for new adventures to be released!  I also did the NYC marathon many times, which doesn't seem available in the same way anymore.  The adventures were a main reason I chose Fitbit over other trackers when I replaced my device last year.  I think Adventures are a very exciting area to develop both for competition and individual use.  You did a great job with Yosemite, and I saw requests for more going back as far as 2017...please keep the adventures coming!

Kelsey63
First Steps

Yes, new adventure challenges please! They're alot of fun but not after you've done them so many times. 

LiaRose
Stepping Up
Challenges like Yosemite are a feature that make Fitbit unique, but I've done that one so many times.  I would love to see more challenges sometime soon. I know users have been asking.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes, please! I only just got my Fitbit, but I was a bit disappointed to discover that there were only three solo adventures... I'll be through all of them multiple times before my trial subscription for Fitbit Premium runs out, and to be honest, at the moment I'm not inclined to pay after that.

Tlcbw
Recovery Runner

Those are great ideas!  I also miss the NYC challenges and would absolutely LOVE challenges for other places from around the world like the Yosemite challenges. I love Yosemite and have been there many times, but I have reminisced while doing these challenges enough because I’ve done them SO many times they are boring now.  There are many great suggestions in this thread for new places to make challenges from (Great Wall of China, Himalayas are just two I saw while scanning the comments). I would love to see Venice, Rome, Paris, London, Dublin, Hamburg, Istanbul, Singapore, Sidney . . . You have a world of places to chose from that people would love to see through a challenge!!  Please consider adding some new locations soon!!

AWithrow
First Steps

Photos are stunning in the solo (and I assume group) challenges/adventures. I’d love to see these with 360 degree VIDEO and sound at landmarks. Would really make the reward more immersive.

Thanks.

Smstext
Runner

Can we have more challenges like marathon routes from around the world, capital cities and other countries please? Very bored of the same two, help Fitbit users discover the world.

LiaRose
Stepping Up
Fitbit users have been asking for additional challenges for years and there has been no real response.  Too bad, I chose Fitbit over other trackers I could have picked because of the challenges.  I've done the Yosemite Challenge so many times and would love to see others added.  The graphics are great and it adds so much to a walk.  
ArielChiang
Jogger

It’s 2022 but the adventures and challenges are still the same as in 2019. It’s very boring and discouraging me to continue being a premium member when the social parts of the app can’t satisfy me and my friends. 

Smstext
Runner

Same old boring Fitbit, plus all the other issues that make the product worse and worse yet no one from Fitbit cares. Garmin it looks like I'm heading to you faster than I thought I be.

LiaRose
Stepping Up
Seems like people have been asking for new challenges since the first (and only) ones appeared years ago.  I don't know how many times I've hiked through Yosemite, but I'm ready for something new.  I don't know why there's been absolutely no response to this- it's fitbit's best feature.
Sirenista
First Steps

Yes, please more Adventures throughout the world.  There are 5 years of asks for this on the forum, Fitbit!

Time2stepup
First Steps

Yes, please add more adventures! I agree that locations around the world would be awesome. Being able to do it Solo or with a group is perfect!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.