Add notes to Activities

Consider providing the ability to edit activities entries.  As an example, a weightlifter may set an activity for weights  on the Ionic.  The ability to edit that entry would give the ability to add specifics ie arms, chest, back, etc. as well as a potential notes section to record other pertinent info about the session. This would apply across almost any activity discipline; run, row, cycle etc..  In addition, provide the ability to edit the date when entering an activity from the dashboard, without having to delete the activity and start over.  Thanks in advance

102 Comments
mconnors625
Recovery Runner

When logging an untracked activity/exercise provide an additional text field to allow the user to type in a personal note or additional information about the activity/exercise that is unique to that user.  For example, I am a basketball referee but that activity is not in the pre-determined search list of activities/exercises.  If I create a custom activity of "Referee" I do not have the drop-down option to enter a number of steps taken for that activity (in the event I forget to wear my tracker).  I can only enter miles or kilometers.  "Basketball" is in the search list but it also does not permit entering a number of steps.  So, I have to select "Run" as the activity to get the steps option.  If there was a free form text field I could qualify the Run as Refereeing for my activity record.  

OR - just add Referee to the search list of activities and allow the option to enter the number of steps as it is a step-based activity.   

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

IronRose
Stepping Up

I think this is a good idea, especially if you are looking to train harder, rather than having yet another app just for weightlifting or training on my phone. I also wish activities were easier modified without having to delete them and start over.

marniesilver
First Steps

It would be great if we could add notes into each tracked exercise. I often make up a workout and it would be good to be able to note the details of it on the Fitbit app. 

marniesilver
First Steps

I mean, this is the workout I did yesterday. 

“Upper body WOD 24th April

3 rounds

12 x GTO with plate 10kg

3 x Wall walk

20 x ASU

3 x 10 Ring rows / TRX”

it would be great if there was a notes section so I could record this in the exercise 

Thanks. 

drwhitec
First Steps

Please add a feature on the app to be able to more specifically label my workouts. Like if I take a walk, I want to be able to label it a hike or a dog walk. When I do weights, I want to be able to label Chest/Abs day on Monday versus Back/Legs on Tuesday so I can keep track. Also if I just pick "Workout" on the watch, I want to be able to label on the app what I did that day, i.e. HIIT, sprints, tennis, hiking. Would be very helpful for me. Thank You.

When i have an exceptionally active day (12 floors, etc.), I want to add a comment describing why that happened - climbing up and down a ladder. With this comment, i can recall the background of the event in the future.

The comment could be hidden and is displayed by hovering over the date.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @ChallengedSenio. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

cdb050314
Recovery Runner

I agree! You could put "i was on vacation" or "I was sick" -- for me those would create drastically different step counts and when i look back at the data, i might want to know why it was so high or low that day. 

JennF13
Jogger

I would love to see the ability modify workout names (ie: type of run, type of muscles for weights, etc). I’m currently using a different fitness app that provides this feature but would be so much better to have it all contained within FitBit!!

pofd
Recovery Runner

I agree please add the ability to add free form text to activities. Like say an exotic location or time or some personal details about an activity like it was personal best, very hot that day, I injured my knee as the ground was hard, or some sort of reminder that might make it easy to find the activity at a later date. 

Thanks, 

Con

Mikkopai
Jogger

Free Notes field would also act as a first aid to the seriously low number of different sports.

I could write in the notes that I was playing Ice Hockey when logging it as workout. Even better would be if I could use Workout to record while playing (works well) and then change the type of activity to Ice Hockey.

Or I could record Roller Blading as biking and then add a note that I was actually roller blading.

Akiba254
Walker

Would it be possible to have a brief text log that can be integrated into the data. Even a small amount of text such as "Injury" or "Changed medication"

Then when looking at the graphs and reports for activity or weight/fat when looking at the trends its easy to identify where everything changed and then for example when recovered from an injury its easy to determine pre and post injury progress and changes anything has had.

Note the example I have used is fairly limited and can be remembered however with trying new activities, starting new diets and finding one that works, different medications or change in job etc can all influence trends and it can be useful with data to see what changes in lifestyle positively or negatively affect our progress the most even when looking back over all of our history in the fitbit dashboard.

example.jpg

Edit: Mod moved this here for exercise when I was talking about weight trends as new feature suggestion

DRambler
First Steps

The notes for a workout and to see it in a calendar view would be great!

i would like to be able to look back a month to compare like,

May 2nd - did P90X workout and my average heart rate was this,

how did I improve by June 7th when I did that workout again?

Or if I just make up a Kettlebelll routine I’d like to be able to record what I did and house it all in the Fitbit app instead of going to a third party app or just keeping it in excel or something 

This is the thing I feel is most lacking in a FITNESS TRACKING APP.

PLEASE make it happen!

JennF13
Jogger

I didn’t think of calendar view but I agree, that with notes would be so much better! I’m actually surprised FitBit hasn’t done notes yet…most fitness apps already do!!

Tomtomato
Tempo Runner

On the smartphone app, ability to enter some freetext comments, like "walking around the pond" against each tracked exercise...

pofd
Recovery Runner

Please add a text field so we can add brief description notes to exercises.
Thanks

Seal-ion
Jogger

It would be very useful to be able to comment on activities. I'd like to be able to record when I start using a new pair of running shoes so I'll be able to track how many miles are on them and I'll know when to replace them.

pofd
Recovery Runner
Yep adding notes has been suggested for ages now.
Hopefully it’ll be added soon.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I generally am content with all the Fitbit features and it does almost everything I need it to do however I find the exercise logging really restrictive and would love the addition of a free text area, or notes area to log how hard the session was, whether it was upper body, a squat session, LISS or if I upped weights etc. Right now I'm having to keep notes in a different app and then see my stats in Fitbit which feels counter intuitive and not as slick.

LionsBay
First Steps

Ability to add a note on day’sss activity- ie watch charging, feeling ill, etc

LionsBay
First Steps

Sorry re typo- too many s. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LionsBay, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I've moved your post here.

pofd
Recovery Runner
Hopefully this feature will be added soon been waiting a long time like the blues waitin’ on lovin or something 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
akngrown
First Steps

yes.  I would find this very helpful.  I hike and use the app to track my stats, I'd like to edit the activity to add a name instead of it saying "hike". I'd also like to add notes to my activity

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.