Add option to recalculate lifetime step streak

Fitbit stopped displaying the current step streak a few months ago (when I was at over 800). They restored the function, but the counter reset from when the function was restored. I believe Google has all my data. Would it be possible for Fitbit to calculate the accurate streak?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SteveA125, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding an option to recalculate lifetime step streak on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Amyloubal
First Steps

I would also like for this to happen.  You all promised to restore our step streaks from before the stupid app update.  You kept that promise for some, but not everyone.   I was almost to 1000 days when you updated the app.  A few months later, the streak portion was restored, but for me it just started over.  You obviously still have the data, so I don't understand why you can't fix this for everyone. 

Eccleberry
First Steps

It's been about 4 months and I'm still waiting for this to happen.  You have about 2 months before my premium renews.  If the streak is restored before then I'll renew it, otherwise I won't.

Rainmom61
Recovery Runner

Yes bring back the step streak!!! The only metric I cared about. The info is there by month so I know it’s available. Been waiting 5 months and have been told “they’re working on it” and “they’re unable to fix it”. Not sure which is true. Maybe neither. 

PeterKuechler
First Steps

I was also promised my streak would be restored and based on that promise bought a new fitbit. My streak is currently showing 105 days - it is 1070 short of correct. Please fix this - you have all the data!!!

The last time I heard from support on Dec 13, 2023: "Thank you for contacting Fitbit, We are still working on your case, right now we are having some issues on the streak, is not only your case and is an issue of the Fitbit app."

Pj57
First Steps

I really want to see the Step Streak put back in - in a prominent and fun way.

And why not add the disco ball again too.

Isn't the whole point to motive (and collect data)?

Let's focus on Visuals and Motivation again!

Please. 

toniinboston
Jogger

The same for me.  I am almost 1300 consecutive days from my history with Fitbit before the new release - today it shows 111 days - which is when the new release happened.  On the app I can see the history so I know that it is here.  I prefer not to do the manual tracking but obviously this has been going on for almost three months now and............

Good luck to us all.  I hope Google will listen and let us go back to the previous features.  They were great

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.