Add pelvic floor exercises to Premium

Similar to the breathing exercises that were added, could pelvic floor exercise prompts be added? So many women need to do these, especially before and after labour. It would be nice and discrete to just have fitbit vibrating or a visual to squeeze and release.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

17 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This would be very handy! Even an app (like my fitness pal) that could run along side your Fitbit. 

Im 24 weeks pregnant and this would be an amazing feature to other expectant mums to be. 

Even if you could mark on the Fitbit you’re pregnant so it could remind you to drink more water etc. 

bdatx
Jogger

I think I have a solution.  I just bought Charge 3, and will get set up today.  Will update after successful.

My situation:  I am 52yo male.  Recovering from prostate surgery, and bladder control slow to recover.  I did 6 sessions with Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist who has done pelvic floor therapy for 20+ years (well worth the $$.)  I have lifetime of three daily exercises - 10 reps of long pelvic floor (10 seconds work; 10 seconds relax), 10 reps of short pelvic floor (2 seconds work; 2 seconds relax;) and 10 reps of abdominal bracing (10 seconds brace; 10 seconds relax.)

bdatx
Jogger

Found it.  Not complete, and not best, but may be enough.

Completeness - can do only one interval setting (I choose the 10/10, the setting for 2 of my 3 exercise)

Not the best - haptic buzz on arm is really light, even a high setting.  I have to really may attention, and basically stay still to feel it.

Despite, I will be able to get rid of cheap stopwatch I am using now.

irishaideen
Stepping Up

I'd also like a pelvic floor exercise reminder in the female health or exercise section. I've had a hysterectomy so the basic female health section is useless to me. I still have issues with bladder weakness though as many women do after having children and this is an important part of womens health.

Please add customizable activity that would be repetition so that we can add abdominal work  

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DavidcBlanchard! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Mamatobe
First Steps

100% this would be a great feature. I currently use a separate app on my phone but it is too easy to miss the reminders. For pregnancy and beyond - kegel exercises on Fitbit would be fantastic 

mujdey
Jogger

I would actually find that super handy. I already do kegel exercises, so why not

DrMay322
Jogger

I already do kegel exercises, so why not. I got started with them a few months ago during quarantine, cause what better time to start with new things, right? I started with a weight set and then went on to quartz eggs. I felt so empowered when I was able to switch between the hand weights, it's an amazing feeling. I started getting into a lot of other stuff that has to do with keeping the down parts healthy. I have a favorite site that I order everything that I see interesting off of and I just got a yoni-steam-gown that I'm so excited to get and try, omg.

Emkaysurrey
First Steps

Super keen for this too please!  As bodies age this is an exercise all women should be doing daily.  I’d love something like the breathing exercise that is visual with alarms to remind.  

Leash1979
First Steps

I would also like to see either an app for it to be added to the features like the periods.

needing something to remind me to do my pelvic floor exercises immediately.

T.l.oss
First Steps

Has this feature been added? Pelvic floor exercises are vital to health. Especially for women post pregnancy and in perimenopause 

snntjsts
First Steps

Can we please please get an app for this? I really need to be doing pelvic floor exercises and I ALWAYS forget to do them. Reminders on the Sense and guided exercises would be a LIFE CHANGING! Plus it seems like men and women have been asking for this feature for at least four years. Please Fitbit? 

D1ddl35
First Steps

Would absolutely love to see this feature added to Fitbit. I have used pelvic floor apps before but often forget. It would be so much easier if this was available on Fitbit as this is used daily. 

Springy1974
First Steps

This should be added. Its in every woman’s interest to have this as a workout and for men in certain cases too. It’s hard to believe that after 5 yrs this isn’t standard yet.

RaenbowsEnd
First Steps

I'd love a pelvic floor workout that I could access from my Fitbit Versa watch.  It would be great if it could also remind me to do them, but not necessary.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.