Add "Auto Pause" detection for walking

For running it is possible to auto detect if you stop. It would be great to have the same for walking.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
29 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LokeAa, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding "Auto Pause" detection for walking with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Kevansta
First Steps

I play tennis, which is a possible exercise on the Fitbit Sense. Sometimes, 2 hours after i'm home, I see that it is still running, so the same would be helpful for other sports as well.

Chubasco
Base Runner

This functionality used to exist as a default setting for the “walking” exercise.  I remember it on my Versa 1, but at some point they removed it.  I agree that it was a nice feature and they should add it as a configurable setting (ie toggle on/off).

ajajajajajaj
Recovery Runner
I would like to have auto-pause for walking
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ajajajajajaj, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see "Auto Pause" detection for walking. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Terratusk
Recovery Runner

You can do it on Garmin so I’d love this on Fitbit

jackieafugglas
First Steps

I would like to suggest to add a feature that auto notifies (via vibration/notification) you when 30/60/90 or so minutes have passed after started an exercise. That is because I tend to forget to turn the device of after my exercises and that messes up the stats. The clock can run for hours before me noticing it 😉

Thanks! 

gaskind
Jogger

I would like to have auto-pause for walking 😊

Thanks a lot!

Richardtjb
Jogger
If I am taking a long walk (5+ miles) and choose to stop during my exercise, I have to manually set the "Pause" action. You have an automatic pause for biking and running. Why is a pause for walking not included?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Richardtjb, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having Auto Pause detection available for walk with us. I noticed that a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It seems this is a very desirable feature that many users have commented on and voted for. The suggestion was made quite some time ago and I am wondering whether there any updates and if Fitbit is working on it with a new Charge 5 firmware update?

Thank you

Richardtjb
Jogger
I sent in the suggestion about a month ago. The only response I got was it's being considered.
LokeAa
Distance Runner
  • @
EmmaOlivia
Recovery Runner

@Richardtjb I also have the same.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Dear Fitbit developers, are there any uodates on this for the Charge 5?

thank you 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

On the exercise app, running has a feature that when you stop moving it auto pauses however walking does not have the feature (auto pause)

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding 'Auto Pause' for walking. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Carloross
First Steps

Hi everyone,

I really agree with this request and I'd like to see these feature. Are there any positive news for a future update?

Kind Regards 

Richardtjb
Jogger

I posted this same suggestion some time ago.  I'm just waiting for them actually to do it.  I told them it should have been part of the initial setup like auto pause for biking and running.  I guess they think people who take long and/or aggressive walks have no need to pause during their exercise.

Carloross
First Steps

Mmhh I don't get why people who take long or fast walks should not need to pause them. I think as they want to track their pace accurately, they would like to have autopause.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Recently a firmware update for the Charge 5 was released but it did not include an Auto-Pause for walking.

Actually… what I noticed is that the GPS function is less accurate and more temperamental (does not record the route)

LokeAa
Distance Runner

Sense 2 has autopause for walking

LokeAa
Distance Runner

@LizzyFitbit , Sense 2 has autopause for walking. Shouldn't the status on this one be changed to "Released"?

Richardtjb
Jogger
There is no "Pause" for walking on VERSA2. Doesn't look like they're going to fix that. They want you to buy a newer version of their watches that has it.
LokeAa
Distance Runner

@Richardtjb I have Sense 2, I guess it has been added for Versa 4, and Inspire 3 also

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.