Add "Breastfeeding" checkbox on calorie tile

Have a box that you can check that says you’re breastfeeding and have it add 500 calories to your allowance. Would be even better if there were more specific calculations like how many oz you’ve produced or how many minutes a day they nurse.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SimpleDove, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding "Breastfeeding" checkbox on calorie tile. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Lulumae
First Steps
Please add a working option for breastfeeding mothers who burn extra calories each day but have no way of logging this or factoring this into their daily activities. It means our calories intake and burn amounts are incorrect. Nursing accounts for around 500 calories burnt every day.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lulumae, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about taking "Breastfeeding" time into consideration on calorie tile. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

pusklevicalina
First Steps

Another vote from breastfeeding mum 🙋‍:female_sign: A lot of new mums are trying to get back to their pre pregnancy body, so that would be extremely useful 

awheeler123
First Steps

Another vote to add a breastfeeding checkbox from a bf mum. I’ve just got my first FitBit & I’m feeding at the moment, it would be really helpful. Thanks for reading.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.