Add "Elderly account" with any Fitbit device on Family Account

As the primary caregiver for my elderly parents, creation of elderly parents accounts in the "My Family" feature will open up a new specturm of users. The FitBit needs for each adult are different. Therefore, limiting "My Family" to an Ace device is limiting the potential for this feature. This will also help those in the "Sandwich Generation".

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

16 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @name, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding "Elderly accounts" with Smartwatch devices on Family Accounts. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

ConnieinCLT
Stepping Up

Hi, I have the same concern. I want to monitor my mother's vitals. She lives 5 hours away and is 85. I also just want to know she is alive and moving, and this is a way to allow her to live as long as possible in her own home. I was thinking of giving her my Ionic and purchase another device for myself. If anyone knows of any apps to help with remote monitoring of our elderly parents, please share.  TY community!  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fam Account idd

Me,  me wife, me kid ect. 
were nice to have.

Tister1
First Steps
Tried to add to my elderly parents to the family account ... when adding, the selection for year born did not go beyond a certain point, making it impossible to add elderly parents to the account.

Sent from my iPhone
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This would be great if we could also, lock/unlock apps, screens, features, etc remotely.  My mom recently put her Versa 3 on DoNotDisturb mode and had to wait for me to come over and troubleshoot/fix.   She has this smartwatch so that she can answer calls without her phone, which is usually not in the same room she's in. 

moanamary
Recovery Runner

cool.

let be friend dear

text me .6825932011

ptanawade
Jogger
Just like child account feature, can we an option in family where I can remotely sync my parents Fitbit tracker, view their stats on a daily basis?
ptanawade
Jogger

This would be a great feature for Families who have old Adults with zero technical experience where young working adults can track their Parents health remotely  with all the stats available on the go.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ptanawade, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to manage old parents family stats. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Narimasu66
First Steps

I downloaded the Fitbit app to my ipad and logged in with my wife's user id and password.  Now I can see her Fitbit data.  This is very helpful to monitor her for AFIB & her heart rate.  I think you could do the same with your parents Fitbit.  

Cornelius_dk
First Steps

I will be looking forward to an update on this because that's important to me as well.

SuperGerald
Jogger
I have elderly parents and I live in a different country from them. One way I can “check” on them right now is because we all have Fitbits so I get the weekly reports by email from Fitbit with the rankings. I can see their step count, which gives me one way of checking up on them.

There might be a product idea in this.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SuperGeraldthanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having a Fitbit device aimed at people who takes care of seniors with us. I found two similar requests, you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

NoCa
First Steps

I'm looking for an elderly solution too. There is a technological gap and I'm surprised the product is not there on the market given the increasing amount of elderly people. I support this.

Peggyppppp
First Steps

My mom is considering Apple Watch but I suggest fitbit sense 2 to her.

I think Fitbit is more professional in health and sport area, but the family share function of Apple Health app is really attractive for children who care their parents.

I hope Fitbit app can increase this feature asap!!!

abe91
First Steps

Looking forward to this feature getting added. 

It seems there was a way to add another user with Fitbit account but after moving to use Google account, that option seems to have been lost. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.