Add shoeshowing and cross country skiing to Versa 3

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

9 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @RPapendieck! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions and watch this space for status updates.

unsweetenedca
First Steps
The App includes a "Categorize Exercise" feature to change a tracked activity eg "Hike" to Bike, Golf, Hike, Interval Workout, Run or Walk But if I log an activity, the list of options are much wider (eg includes Snowshoeing)
I'd like to see all the loggable activities be options in Categorize Exercise so it's accurate
SunPeaks
First Steps

I agree.   I really miss not having a ski app on my charge 4.   I don't understand why they cant put one one easily. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @unsweetenedca, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add snowshoeing and other activities as an exercise shortcut. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

jhmcmullen
First Steps

I have a Versa 2 but same idea—I enjoy snowshoeing and would like to select it, though “Hike” works in the meanwhile. 

bestlife78
Recovery Runner
Please add snowshoeing to the list of exercises
ChickPeng
First Steps

I would use this as would many people I know.

Further - at least two of us had out fitbits auto record our snowshoeing as swimming. This is totally not an accurate accounting of the exercise.

Please develop the snowshoe as an option for exercise.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bestlife78, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding snowshoeing as an exercise shortcut. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

ChickPeng
First Steps

Snowshoeing should be added for all fitbit products. I have a luxe and there is no snowshoeing option. We snowshoe in Canada in the winter.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.