Add soccer/football to the exercise shortcuts list

Hi Guys,

Right now there are only a handful of modes and exercising which is very limited. Putting stuff in generic workout does not provide anywhere near accuarate results. E.g. I could be doing a home workout with pauses between reps and sets or I could be running flat out playing football/soccer .. The results should be very different.

I'd like to see Football/Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Cross country. Skiing and Snow shoeing, Rock Climbing Golf and any others you could add, seriously people love choices and the more the merrier.

Thanks,
Keith

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

158 Comments
VanessaL3000
First Steps

I'd love it if you guys would add Roller Derby to the list of activities.

Roller Derby is one of the fastest growing women's sports in the United States and is accessible to women of all body types. There are several roller derby related activity groups in the fitbit community, so you know that skaters like myself are using your product.

If you have any questions or need more information about the sport please do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

mcoggs
First Steps

I know many roller derby skaters who use your product, and more are buying fit bit products every day. We love the breakdowns & easy accesibility of the dashboard, but would like to be able to register the intensity of our sport more accurately than simple "roller skating." If somehow you could add a roller derby activity, you would find many more derby girls & boys using fit bit.

Thank you for considering,

Billie Helliot

Roxischlue
Jogger

I would like to be able to track individual workouts with my Charge and have that data synced with the dashboard. I want to see how many calories I am buring when I go to roller derby practice. It would be nice if I could even label them and track average calories burned during a practice. 

Michael
5K Racer

@Roxischlue You can already do this. To start an activity on your Charge just hold the button down for a few seconds until it vibrates. Do the same to stop it. (Note: There is currently a problem prevent these recorded activities on the Charge from making it to the dashboard sometimes. Fitbit has said they are close to releasing a fix for it. You can see their latest update in this post.)

You can, also, retroactively log the activity through the dashboard to view it. Here is a post I wrote that covers that.

ViLLa
Jogger

I just want to have more exercises to choose from and more specifics... Like; Roller Derby, Skatepark, Weightlifting, Heavy lifting, Squats, Pushups, Situps, BodyRock, Burpees, HIIT, Kettlebell, powerwalk, TRX... 

I love my FitBit, but I know that it can be more 😄

Thanks!

Kind regards ViLLa

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

sarasflex
Jogger

Yes! Include yoga too please!!

dcharleyultra
Keeping Pace
Yoga is available on my Surge.
Smash86
First Steps
Along with more exercise. Hiking needs an additional category. Weight. When I hike I hike with at least 50lbs of additional gear. I know that makes a different in the amount of calories burned. And also I just for my one logs.
ugly_apfel
First Steps

really good request !

Busta_MooNuva
Jogger

I would love to have Roller Derby as an activity.  Roller skating just doesn't cut it.

Considering we are more like Rugby Union on skates, without the ball. Woman Happy

Hope you consider this.

Busta MooNuva

Sandyabr10
Jogger

I agree. I'd like to see Squash added

RollerDj
First Steps

Roller Skate Quad Tracking Please

Were new, I have a fitbit Surge, Wife and 5 friends have Fitbit Chargech+HR... loving the fun compertion and monitoring..

this Roller skating is becoming very popular again! and I personally quad skate 2 times a week... local roller disco, and then inline skate out doors at the weekend... 

be very usefull to track, if you could add a activity.. (roller derby would benifit too)

outdoors is harder work, but you do more faster laps inside.. 

Please Help

PoconoGuy
Base Runner

Can this be done with Zip? I have a Flex which I'm very happy with for everything but want to be able to track steps and distances for individual workouts.

BPShaw
First Steps

For the Surge I would also like to see exercise modes added for paddle sports such as canoeing and kayaking, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing which could really take advantage of the Surge's altimeter.

Thank you.

Brian

@BeefyClyro wrote:

Hi Guys,

Right now there are only a handful of modes and exercising which is very limited. Putting stuff in generic workout does not provide anywhere near accuarate results. E.g. I could be doing a home workout with pauses between reps and sets or I could be running flat out playing football/soccer .. The results should be very different.

I'd like to see Football/Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Golf and any others you could add, seriously people love choices and the more the merrier.

Thanks,
Keith

Mikeym
Jogger
How to track calorie burned and steps taken for other sport activities like tennis, basketball,
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I appreciate your contribution @ViLLa. This sounds like a good idea to add to the Activity Log on your Dashboard. I bet other users will find this useful as well. 

I will gladly share your suggestion with our team members so they can take this in consideration.

Thanks!

Kylerc88
First Steps
How about adding a function for selecting more sports such as squash or football (soccer) on the Surge.
mikehughesm
First Steps

What setting should one use for squash in the meantime??

SheaO
First Steps
They should add your own customized exercise like soccer, P90X, basketball ect
webtomass
Recovery Runner

As an inline skater, I would love to get accurate activity data integrated with the Surge and app. Fitibit, c'mon you would be attracting a relatively high number of a new user base who abstained from activity trackers due to non support for inline skating.

Segerz
Jogger

Hi,

Winter season is closing in here in the north. Please hurry up with a surge exercise for cross country skiing.

Thanks!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there @BeefyClyro. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your ideas with us! I personally think this is a very good idea to add more exercises to the list we already have and also to be able to choose an intensity for a more accurate estimation on the chosen activity. I will go ahead and forward your idea to our team for review and hopefully see this in a near future.

Thanks for participating in the Feature request board!

Mikeym
Jogger

and how about an add on to the fitbit charge hr, for swimming and water sports.. like a silicon casing which can be colourful 

JJoanknecht
First Steps

I'd really like to see squash added - it's my primary sport.

I tried "workout" and then "tennis" and got hugely varying results, which surprised me - for the time being I'm sticking with "tennis" as it feels the closest approximation........unless someone can advise me differently?

bobesh
First Steps

I would also like to add my "vote" for inline (roller) skating, quite surprized that this activity cannot be added under excersize shortcuts. It's the only activity I do in summer (apart from walking which I don't really consider an excercize).

In Europe this is extremely popular form of excersize among all age groups and preferred even by the older people over running due to less stress on the joins (ask any doctor what form of excersize they recommend to those over 50).

I really don't have a time to sit here each evening and log each activity manually via dashboard when it could be easily acessible to activate on my watch.

The other popular activity missing is skiing.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.