Add stationary bike as an exercise you can log

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Deliiiiii, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding stationary bike to Exercise app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Munkykween
First Steps

I live in an area that receives snow for many months every winter and I cannot get outside to ride my bike, thus I ride stationary inside.  It is a real bummer that I cannot log my miles and time on my device or the app, let alone the automatic discovery feature.  I have been using treadmill, but that is sadly inaccurate for the calorie burn.  I tried just entering bike, but because I'm not actually going anywhere it says I didn't burn any calories, despite my change in heartbeat and all the sweat! You guys have elliptical machine on there, for pete's sake! 

Cyclists unite and vote up so we can be seen and counted!!

accote
Recovery Runner

I agree a stationary bike should be part of the exercises, I use it too when I want to get some exercise Indoors. 

Deliiiiii
First Steps
There’s also two different kind of stationary bikes: upright and reclined. Both should be added: upright stationary bike and reclined stationary bike.
Chloecannotfly
First Steps

Yes!! I have an under the desk cycle to help with my hip physio and really wish I could track it properly. I hate having to use a different setting and put the Fitbit in my sock to register it as steps!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.