Add the ability to sync data to precor gym equipment.

Please add the ability to sync data to precor gym equipment or to sync data with the Preva mobile app

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear @Sonic2552 and community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

tiga1959
First Steps

Please add the ability to sync data to precor gym equipment or to sync data with the Preva mobile app

feartheflames
First Steps

Can Fitbit reach out to Preva company or PRECOR equipment to look for a solution to integrate? At this point many Fitbit users could look at other brands that offer integration with these companies. Be the first!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Gregger404
First Steps

It sure would be handy if the pre-core heart rate monitor on the Versa 2 would sync with the pre-core treadmill so that while running so I can see my heart rate without having to use my watch.

Why:

- During an intense workout having to continually turn my hand and look at it and take my eyes off of the device is distracting for a few seconds during peak efforts.

- The times that I need to see the heart rate most is when I'm at my maximum effort and glancing at the treadmill display takes a fraction of a second so I can adjust my workout more easily and quickly.

- one reason I bought the watch is so that I didn't have to wear a cheap heart rate strap anymore. It's a shame to have to wear both.

- my trainer monitors my heart rate on the treadmill display during workouts and can't see my watch. 🙂

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gregger404, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Versa 2. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

wschack
First Steps
It would be handy to be able to select all equipment I have access to so the dynamic workouts could accommodate my particular SAH COVID gym.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @wschack, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync data to precor gym equipment. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

sberfield
Recovery Runner
I have a home elliptical machine that supports bluetooth heart monitor. It would be great if the Fitbit supported that.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sberfield, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to connect with elliptical machine to transfer HR data. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.