Add tools to track daily intake for salt consumption

Add tools (weekly graph or something else) to track daily intake for "caffeine, salt, sugar, cholesterol, saturated fat and trans fat" since it is recommended to limit the amount of those taken each day.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @miimosaa! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

miimosaa
Jogger

Hi all, 

Just to make clear what I propose, I know that salt can be seen in the "Nutrition Facts" button of each day.  

What I am proposing is to have tools to monitor if there is a problem in our regular eating pattern.  I am proposing to monitor "caffeine, salt, sugar, cholesterol, saturated fat and trans fat", since the health agencies seems to recommend limits to stay under in regards of those intakes.  

Maybe it could be graphs (similar to the "calories graph" in the app) where you can see the target for every day and know which day have been exceeded in regards of "caffeine, salt, sugar, cholesterol, saturated fat and trans fat, etc"

miimosaa
Jogger

This post is about tracking Salt

In the same line of idea, please vote for the following posts:

-     Add tools to track daily intake for CAFFEINE consumption

-     Add tools to track daily intake for SUGAR consumption

-     Breaking down types of fat (saturated/trans/polyunsaturated/monounsaturated)

Sydniex
First Steps

This would be very beneficial for me, hence why I’m looking it up! My mom just gave me her Fitbit so I don’t know much about it right now but I have POTS/Dysautonomia and I have to keep track of my heart rate. One of things that helps POTS/Dys is increased salt intake. I have to have 5-10grams a day whether it’s adding extra to my food, drinking electrolyte drinks, etc. I was looking if there was a way you could add how much salt you consume like how it lets you do with water. It would be so much easier to keep track of

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.