Add walkie-talkie feature for Versa 3 and Sense to cheer/taunt Fitbit friends

I think y'all should add a Walkie Talkie feature to the Fitbit Versa 3 and Sense since they have speakers and microphones. This way you can "cheer" or "taunt" your Fitbit friends and make the exercise even more fun. Plus it adds a new feature for communicating without pulling the phone out.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
21 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @NintendoWiiBoy. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a walkie-talkie function on the Versa 3 or Sense to cheer your Fitbit friends with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

l0ta
Recovery Runner

Totally agree! This feature would be awesome. Apple already has this feature in their watches.

swimlover
First Steps

I would love that!!!!

Yessycardoso
First Steps

I agree. It should be easy to do and a definitely a nice feature to have.

Emiliebergevin
First Steps

I would love to have this app on my watch !

Lebarbu
First Steps

I want this so much i'm ready to pay for this come on make it. 

Sarahdem
Recovery Runner

Totally!! 

LeLu13
First Steps

I want it so I can summon my husband when he is on the other side of the house, or ask a question. Just straight up walkie talkie set-up

Gall5
Recovery Runner
Would like to suggest a walkie talkie function so that you can communicate between versas. Just like the apple watches
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Gall5, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a walkie-talkie feature on the Versa 3 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We'll keep tracking this request over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Jujul
First Steps

I completely agree, I’d love to chat with my sister over a walkie talkie. It also brings the inner kids in us even though I’m 19. 

stratolyte
First Steps

We need this feature to talk to my children.

wawacito
First Steps

I would love this feature too.

My wife saw this feature on an Apple Watch and wants to buy an Apple Watch for this reason alone.

Let me repeat that - she would buy an Apple Watch (and the required Apple iPhone which we don't have yet) JUST TO HAVE THIS FEATURE.

I'm trying to convince her to get a FitBit instead.  If FitBit had it - she would buy one right now.

Wlowe
First Steps

Yes I would definitely  use it

SMccoySunshine
First Steps
Coolest convenient thing ever!
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @SMccoySunshine - nice idea, why not, though you sort of can now if you have a Sense or Versa 3.

With those watches the 2 parties can make a call [via different chat or telephone services] and talk using their watches.

However, you are probably thinking of a more direct local communication using the internal network without mobile connections or Internet.

Quite possibly a combination of watch and the local communication would work.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SMccoySunshine, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding 'Walkie-talkie' feature for Versa 3. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Selwin
Jogger
I have been speaking to friends that have Apple Watch. The walkie talkie mode is amazing. I would love this in my sense. I see it was suggested 2 years ago but cant see anything else. PLEASE
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Selwin, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making a Walkie Talkie mode to the Sense with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Occy
First Steps

100% agree definitely considering swapping to Apple watch for the walkie talkie 

Swim_mama
First Steps

November 2023 and this feature has still not been added! Such a great idea and a loss of a feature for Fitbit. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.