Adding Padel Tennis to the Exercise app

Calibrate the typical movements with calorie burning etc.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

19 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Saj_DXB, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Padel Tennis as an activity. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

ElsMae
Jogger
Could padel please be added as an activity? Now my sense registers it as ‘sport’ and I can only change it to tennis. But padel is not tennis
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ElsMae, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding Padel to the Exercise app. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

ericdrive
First Steps

It's not called Padel Tennis, it's called Padel, and it's the fastest growing sport in the world
The fact that it's not on Fitbit is mind boggling.
I bought a fitbit for my wife, she plays tennis, so she's covered. I was about to buy one for the rest of our family (we all play padel), and then I found out you can't even choose the sport. 

MarcD
Jogger
Padel is a ball sport that is growing rapidly in Europe and across the world.
https://www.padelfip.com/
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MarcD, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding Padel Tennis to the Exercise app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

AnneMar
Recovery Runner

Please add Padel to the activities list (and NOT Padel Tennis, just PADEL). 

MarcD
Jogger

Agree with @AnneMar, the activity should be named Padel.

Jsvanduin
First Steps

Just add Padel into the exercise app. Its the fast growing sport and its so much more fun than tennis or squash.

And its not called Padel Tennis its called Padel!

Thanks!

Tissie90
Recovery Runner

Please add Padel indeed! Everybody is playing this amazing sport, too bad we still can't choose this between all the other listed sports.

Tissie90
Recovery Runner

How come you still haven't added Padel as an activity?

ElsMae
Jogger

Gentle reminder to add Padel to list of sports. Mind blowing that Fitbit doesn’t respond to the fastest growing sport in Europe. Sure you haven’t tried it yet 🙃

Tissie90
Recovery Runner

Been more than a year now since this topic was started. Can we get an update from someone at Fitbit?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add Padel. Might not be known in the US, big in Europa (Netherlands, Spain, Portugal). 

Sabbione
First Steps

Please add Padel

AnneMar
Recovery Runner

There is at least another chat where your users are asking for the same thing: Padel (and not "Padel tennis") is developping at a tremendous pace in Europe, after Spain, France, Belgium tennis clubs are replacing tennis courts by padel courts, some clubs like Forêt de Soignes replaced them all and offer only Padel courts nowadays.  Garrincha Diegem just opened and offers 11 Padel courts (7 covered and 3 open). I am 66, never played a racket sport in my whole life and started Padel joyfully last year. My partner stopped tennis after some 50 years and is now an ardent player of Padel also. Like many many many others around us!

Daanman
First Steps

Fully agree, please add Padel as an activity/exercise type.

BjornRB
First Steps

Soon it's been two years since this thread was started. No Padel as an exercise in sight. What gives?

Fitbit, your missing out. Surely it can't be that much work to add a new exercise?

Tissie90
Recovery Runner
In stopped using Fitbit, got a Garmin now
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.