Adding bike miles to the weekly report.

How about adding bike miles to the weekly fitness report?
I don't walk as much as I bike ride and would love to have my bike miles show up on my weekly report.
Thank you for your time.
Don B.

Moderator Edit: Labels

20 Comments
deniseskonieczk
First Steps

I have the charge and would love to have bike riding added.  Shopping with carts I loose my steps as well and look silly pushing a big cart with one hand and swing the other arm for step tracking.  🙂  Thank you Fitbit

DonaldB
Recovery Runner
Denise, put the tracker around your ankle when you go shopping.
deniseskonieczk
First Steps
Great idea 🙂
ScottBu
Jogger
When I bike, I generally have my phone tracking the mileage using the phone gps. There needs to be a cycling option when tracking an activity to log the bike miles.
DonaldB
Recovery Runner
With the Surge there is no need to have the phone do any of the tracking. It seems the only thing Fitbit is really interested in tracking is miles walked. I paid a lot of money for this tracker, there are other trackers out there that do more for a lot less, I am kind of disappointed.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Great idea! @DonaldB I know that there are a lot of bikers around that use Fitbit to track their bike rides and exercises.  For those, there should be an optional option for them to select having this shown at their weekly report. It would be really nice to see your bike miles and I'm pretty sure a lot of bikers will enjoy this feature. Hopefully, this will be implemented in the nearest future. Every bike user; please keep voting for this! Thank you for your support! 

gogoisgone
Jogger

I would suggest looking at endomondo report if you can..that shows the miles and summary and some comparison.

Thanks,Gogo

deniseskonieczk
First Steps
I agree 🙂
Bellis
First Steps
Spin miles, calories would be most helpful to me and Im sure a lot of other people who do spin classes. Wearing on the ankle is not an option if you want the HR to register which I do.
Catgros
Recovery Runner
When my husband and I ride the same 10 miles on our bike, his Charge gives him 7,000 steps and I get 2000? What's up?
DonaldB
Recovery Runner
Hey Fitbit moderators,
Any word on if this is going to happen?
DonaldB
Recovery Runner
Well, any word on if this is going to happen?????!
DonaldB
Recovery Runner
I guess getting miles from cycling added is just a pipe dream, seems all Fitbit is worried about is sales and new products.
My Surge only has about another 6 months life left on the band and then it is time for the trash, non replaceable bands is not a good thing.
CycleC0mmuter
Stepping Up

I cycle commute about 250km per week tracking with GPS on my Fitbit Surge... but my weekly progress report doesn't seem to include the biking distance. Active minutes, yes - and days of recorded exercise, yes.  But the kms indicated are only showing kms from the step counter, not from the gps biking activity.  It would be great to choose which distance to be included in the report.... either step counter distance OR bike.

Thanks!

DonaldB
Recovery Runner
Figured it all out on how to get the cycle miles to log, got a Garmin VivoActive HR, problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone
Status changed to: Not currently planned
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion @DonaldB! We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. Smiley Wink

Loude
First Steps

It would be great if the weekly progress report had accumulated miles on outdoor biking. Similar to what apps like MapMyRide or Strava have. 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Loude, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding bike miles to the weekly report with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Mekab
First Steps
I receive a weekly summary of STEPS, however there is no way to modify this, nor modify the Dashboard on the online app or the phone application, to display summary information by-activity.

As an amateur cyclist, I have the fitbit FOR cycling. While I can record biking as an activity, there is no way to view this data over time (weekly, etc.).
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mekab, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see bike miles to the weekly report. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. You can also check this other suggestion: Add function for sorting Activity History. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.