Aerobic workout option on exercise app

Give an aerobic workout option on exercise app as at the moment you have to track workout then sync app to get change category of exercise which may not give the full or unnecessary information about the workout.

14 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion @Lazy-sod! I hope it will get many votes. Woman Happy

vickigee
First Steps

It's odd that there's a "bootcamp" shortcut but not an "aerobic" one. Please add. 

Aldav
Jogger

I used to have a general workout option on my Charge 2 but this is not available on Charge 3. Are there any plans to bring this back please? Currently I have to log it as treadmill or something like that which it obviously isn't. Otherwise love my Fitbit. Thanks.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Aldav Thank you for your suggestion about having a general workout option on the Fitbit Charge 3. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to maintain this board organized.

rudyten
Base Runner

To qualify as an Aerobic Steps.

1. Rule 1: User must maintain a minimum of 60 steps per minute
  2. Rule 2: The above or better must be maintained for a a minimum of 10 Minutes
    ZERO is displayed till all of the above minimums are reached. 
  3. Keep a Rolling count of Aerobic Steps for a 24 hour period

So...

if you walked 55 steps in 1 minute that would count as 0 Aerobic Steps.  (Total 0 - 0min)

if you walked 444 steps in 6 minutes that would count as 0 Aerobic Steps.  (Total 0 - 0min)

if you walked 710 steps in 10 minutes that would count as 710 Aerobic Steps.  (Total 710 - 10min)

if you walked 800 steps in 8 minutes that would count as 0 Aerobic Steps.      (Total 710 - 10min)

if you walked 1150 steps in 12 minutes that would count as 0 Aerobic Steps.  (Total 1860 - 22min)

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rudyten! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Krsheets
Recovery Runner

I too would like to see the aerobic workout option under exercise on the Charge 3.  I am almost certain that my charge 2 had this option available, so I don't know why the charge 3 doesn't.  I tend to have to log my morning workouts as weights - which they are not on most days.  By choosing weights, I am not sure if the calorie burn is being calculated correctly or if it would be more accurate with aerobic workout.  If the calorie burn is calculated based on heart rate and length of time, then I guess it really doesn't matter, but would still like to know if I did lift weights or did cardio on a certain day.

AnnaKoz
First Steps

Has anyone solved yet for what is closest to aerobics in shortcuts? Agreed, strange to have “boot camp” yet no aerobics

Lylyth
First Steps

I would like to show my support for adding aerobics as a workout shortcut on the Charge 3. I agree with the others that it’s odd that this common exercise is not already included in the list.

aimeeimberg
First Steps

Step Aerobics-I support step counting to be part of the exercise app for this activity. 

jzkinoh
Jogger

Please,add,this option. I do aerobics most days and I would use this option all of,the time. 

Cyanina
First Steps

I'm willing to bet all my future income on the fact that there's a lot more Fitbit users dancing or doing aerob exercise than golf. And it's not like the tracker can't recognize aerobics. I can't believe it's that hard to add it as an option?

joshuabbutler
First Steps

Please add Aerobics or Cardio as and option to manually select on the Fitbit device without needing to rely on auto-detect. I did almost 30 min of Cardio the other day and it didn't auto-detect it. Should I just use the Workout option? It seems there are slight differences in how the sensors work for certain exercises. I'm not sure, different threads suggest different things.

I mainly do Cardio and Resistance workouts at home, but I'd like to manually set it rather than wait for auto-detect because auto doesn't always work. Thanks!

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the new Fitbit Sense 2 and Fitbit Versa 4, and this exercise mode will be coming to more devices next year.

@Lazy-sod, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes - you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.