Alarm Should Vibrate Until Dismissed (on Fitbit devices)

The silent alarm in a tracker buzzes only for few times and then stops vibrating.It should vibrate until stopped by the user. Thank You 

Moderator Edit: Edited title and format.

126 Comments
sajjadhashmani
First Steps

The alarm currently goes off after 3 vibrations(12 sec approx) on the blaze. Make it like the charge hr. Make it go on for about a min or till I shuts it off. Way too short right now and people are hating it. I miss my charge hr now because of that

Flyingdutchbird
First Steps

I think it would be super helpful even if there would just be a customisation option for the pattern of a vibration. This should not require a hardware change as the 'celebration' pattern is already different to the 'notification'. I would love it if I could set the 'celebration' pattern for notifications and alarms, as that is one I don't miss. If I'm concentrating on something, I often miss the notification, as it only vibrates once. Setting it to have a pattern (e.g. short-short-long) would help I believe. I think this might help many complaining about the lack of strength of the vibration, as a longer, or patterned vibration at current strength would likely be more noticeable. I also totally support the continued alert until dismissed option! That is a great idea. I own the Alta HR; before I had the Sony Smartband talk and would love to see the best of both worlds in a small Fitbit 🙂 

S62242
Recovery Runner

When can your techs do something to make your product better.  You have OVER 1,600 comments on this item and STILL you have not fixed a simple fix.  Instead it seems your techs change things that work good and when they finish you make something good into a mess.

XkcerMan
First Steps

The alarm function doesn't work well for me since it only vibrates for 15 seconds and then snoozes for 9 minutes. Is it possible to give control of both of these to the user? It would make a big difference for me. Thanks!

It would be absolutely amazing if Fitbit would add a feature where you can change the duration of alarms to stay vibrating longer.

Mblo
First Steps

This missing feature is the only thing that prevents me from buying a hr alta at the moment

sajjadhashmani
First Steps
I’ve used the charge hr and it had the feature. If that’s what you want then maybe you can have a look at that.

Sent from my iPhone
fluxx
Strider

At least if the Fitbit is on the wrist. If it lays around, chances are high it will drain only the battery and not be heard anyway.

S62242
Recovery Runner

Fitbit, shame on you!  You get people hooked on your device and instead of working to improve the device you sit on your hands and do nothing except screw up the app.  Here we go again there are over one thousand requests for your programmers to fix a problem with your app and you do nothing.  What good does it do the users to suggest improvements to your company and NOTHING gets done.  Fitbit, shame on you!

JuanK
Stepping Up
You must use yours a little differently to me. Mines on my wrist unless
charging, or in the shower, and to be honest, if you put it on a table it
makes more noise than on your wrist. Must admit I think the likelyhood of
this happening is remote given the time it has taken to be acknowledged.
But I can rest easy knowing that if I mistakingly rely on the silent alarm
and wake up late. That I can do 5 minutes of breathing to relax me.
S62242
Recovery Runner

Yes I bought a Blaze for the purpose of tracking all categories for my sleep pattern.  I also would like to use it for a wake up alarm but because it only vibrates a couple of times, that feature is worthless to me.  Again Fitbit has over 1,200 plus people wanting this changed but Fitbit does not listen.  Oh well I guess there is always Garmin and other good trackers out there.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The Ionic definitely needs this, as the current short buzz is ineffective.

S62242
Recovery Runner

WAKE UP FITBIT!  Do you guys even read the comments that your devoted customers put down.  There are numerous suggestions made that should have been done on the initial release of your product, but I guess ya’ll were in to big of a hurry to release your product.  Do something!  Right now I am steering my friends who ask me about the Fitbit Blaze to go and check out other brands to see if they give a complete package instead of a half a** attempt like Fitbit has done and continues to do.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree about the possibility to 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I totally agree about the alarm should vibrate until user dismissed it. I hope will be possible in the next FitBit Blaze update!!

Sasqch
Recovery Runner

Yes, I certainly agree too.  At least give us the option of continuous vs limited buzzing if they are worried about what it will do to the battery run time.

S62242
Recovery Runner

It seems that Fitbit does not care about being a World Class company.  Maybe we all need to purchase another brand of fitness tracker.  Many good suggestions are made daily and some in the thousands but Fitbit does NOTHING.

jbender68
Base Runner

I would like this feature on the Iconic too, can hardly notice the vibration for notifications, surprised to see this not addressed as old as this thread is

Kiatisak
Recovery Runner

Pleaae consider to add it, basic watch also can snooze alarm.

@
Cecemajor
Jogger

I started enjoying fitbits because of my original charge. The alarm clock design was the main reason I was excited to upgrade to the versa. I wish that the versa had the same alarm coding that they did on the original charge. It was very good at waking me up, and would continue vibrating until I tapped the button or put it on snooze. The alarm on the charge was the only thing that really got me up in the morning because I sleep through phone alarms. I wish I had stuck with my charge because that was the one feature that sold me to Fitbit. (Sorry if this comes off different than what I mean, it's my first post!) 

Cecemajor
Jogger

I started enjoying fitbits because of my original charge. The alarm clock design was the main reason I was excited to upgrade to the versa. I wish that the versa had the same alarm coding that they did on the original charge. It was very good at waking me up, and would continue vibrating until I tapped the button or put it on snooze. The alarm on the charge was the only thing that really got me up in the morning because I sleep through phone alarms. I wish I had stuck with my charge because that was the one feature that sold me to Fitbit. (Sorry if this comes off different than what I mean, it's my first post!) 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Niramay and commenters. Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Whilst this is under consideration for Fitbit Ionic and Versa as per this feature suggestion, this is unlikely to happen on any prior devices. As this is an older thread, I will therefore mark this one as 'Not currently planned' and encourage any smartwatch users to vote on the afore mentioned suggestion, which is under consideration. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

ChrisR74
Jogger
Keep the alarm buzzing until the wearer actually presses the button on the side (like a traditional alarm clock). A further enhancement would be to increase the vibration level, or have it gradually increase if the alarm is not switched off after 30, 60 sec etc.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ChrisR74, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to keep the alarm buzzing until the user actually presses the button on the side. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

後藤颯太
Base Runner
Alarm vibration automatically stops and I can't wake up. It stops before I wake up.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.