Alarm based on set hours slept (eg. wake me up after 8 hours)

I love the silent alarm, but on the weekend my sleep schedule trends to get changed and I over sleep. Because Fitbit can track hours slept, I'd love the ability to set an alarm based on hours slept. Example: after sleeping 8.5 hours my silent alarm would go off. This would allow me to not oversleep while letting me "sleep in". Thanks for listening to this idea!

114 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Crimson_Guard, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. Thanks for your understanding, I hope to see you around.

RedRae
First Steps

For weekends when you have spare time and you dont want to over sleep to much it would be helpful to be able to set an alarm for 8 hours (more or less defending on preference) after your Fitbit detects you have fallen asleep. It would help insure you get a good amount of sleep without having to worry about setting your alarm for a specific wake up time. This would also be helpful if you have a specific nap length preference. I could personally see this being helpful on Saturdays when I stay up late and don't have a specific time I need to be up it would automatically go to wake me up after I'd slept for 8 hours no matter what time I would have fallen asleep.

Feeferz
First Steps

Many people would benefit from a feature that enables an alarm to automatically be set based on when a sleep goal is met. Example: Alarm goes off once the watch/Fitbit app detect you have met your preselected sleep goal of 7.5 hours.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Feeferz! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion and cast a vote if you're interested on it.

zinsy23
Jogger
Allow us to configure the time range of a smart alarm in the alarms app other than 30 minutes. If there's no optimal point in a cycle within the 30 minute range, the person won't get its benefits. Probably configure within the alarm app settings through the Fitbit App, but still default to 30 minutes for people who don't care. I use the Ionic.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @zinsy23, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see customize the range of smart alarms. I’ve moved your post here, since this is another way to customize smart alarms Smart Wake attempts to find the best time to wake you starting 30 minutes before the alarm time you set. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Heather-McD
Jogger
I would like to set an alarm to go off after it detects a user-chosen time of total sleep to aim for; for example if I want 7 hours of sleep, it will use fitbit's sleep tracking capability to detect when I fall asleep and factors in times of wakefulness, so it would go off 7 hours (plus X minutes of wakefulness) after I fall asleep.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Heather-McD, thanks for explaining why you would like to have an alarm based on set hours slept. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Priyank1212
Jogger
1. Set how many hours of sleep you need everyday.
2. Fitbit detects how many hours I have slept and rings automatically after I have completed the set hours of sleep.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Priyank1212, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option set alarms based on how many hours you want to sleep. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Carmarco
First Steps
On the weekend, my sleep schedule varies and I end up going to sleep at very different times. It would be nice to have an alarm that you set the duration for instead of an end time, so the alarm knows when you fall asleep and sets an alarm for X hours away.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Carmarco, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to set an alarm based on set hours slept (eg. wake me up after 8 hours). This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

spencerrose
First Steps
Fitbit can tell me how many hours I was actually asleep in the past night. I'd like it to wake me up after it detects 8 hours of being asleep. (For me, this will usually be 9 hours after I first fell asleep, because I'd like this feature to exclude wake-ups in the middle of the night, which usually total about an hour.)
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @spencerrose, thanks for sharing this product feedback about allowing your Fitbit device to wake you up after detecting a set time of sleep with us. Because a similar idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.