0 Votes

Alarm when being idle for a certain amount of time

Hi,

I have bought the Charge 2 tracker and I like it. It's way better then my previous tracker. Cheers for that.

Sadly, there is one thing I really miss on it. And that is having the possibility to set an idle time alert.

I have a deskjob(IT guy), so I'm sitting a lot on daily basis.

At the moment I always keep track of time myself how long I've been sitting for taking a short walk.

But that's a whole task and regularly you just forget when you're focusing on your work.

That's why a would really love to have an idle time setting. So that the tracker will keep track of that for me and be alerted when it's time to take a walk. That would be awesome.

For example: I set an idle time alert of 20 minutes(by choice). Now each time the tracker registers I've been idle 20 minutes, it alerts me.

I personally think that that would be very helpful for a lot of people having deskjobs or other jobs where a lot of sitting is required. You know what they say nowadays: sitting is the new smoking.

Thank you for reading this guys, I hope this feature will make it.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

2 Comments
Ashnbos
Stepping Up

Hello, 

I also have a desk job and their is a reminder to move feature. You get a reminder 10 mins to the hour if you haven't reached 250 steps in that hour. You can set the start and finish time and on which days. The other suggestion could be that you set yourself a silent alarm but you would have to select the time you wanted to do this.

Hope this helps, I know its not exactly what you wanted but i find it a helpful feature when I get engrossed in work and forget to get up and move!

Status changed to: Existing Feature
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @WalkingWim.

Like @Ashnbos mentioned, we do have a reminders to move feature already in place. You can read more about it on this article.

Hopefully you will find this useful. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.