Alexa and Spotify connecting to Versa 2 WiFi

As I've noticed there is a built-in Wi-Fi in the Versa 2, but it seems that when connecting with Alexa or Spotify I need to have my app on my phone running in the background, which I don't understand why? I would like to get away from having my phone with me,. I don't want to bring my phone out to the gym well I'm running on the treadmill.. This defeats the purpose of having the Spotify function specifically,  I could just bring my phone and stream Spotify that way.

My suggestion is that when using Alexa or Spotify that it calls for the Wi-Fi to connect when activating Alexa or spoifty... thus reducing or eliminating the need to have the phone nearby.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

1 Comment
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.