Alexa voice command to start an exercise

I have a Versa 2. I can ask Alexa to start a FITBIT function like "Start the countdown timer." Wonderful.

But apparently we cannot ask "Start Walk Exercise" or Start Bike Exercise."

REALY??? That would be SO useful.
12 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Add an Alexa skill command feature which provides users simple way of adding data to calendar and track correlations.

i.e. "Alexa, I just did this..." 

Alexa, I just ate a sandwich. or any food, (tracks daily ingestion, calories, ect)
Alexa, I just brushed my teeth (charts time, consistency,)
Alexa, I just drank a glass of water, coffee, ect, (tracks hydration or caffeine intake)
Alexa, I just used the restroom or farted, (bowl movements)
Alexa, I just smoked a cig., drank a beer, vaped, cracked my knuckles (poor or good habits)
Alexa, I just ran a mile, washed my car, mowed the lawn (reveals history or log of previous actions)
Alexa, I just sneezed, coughed or belched
Alexa, I just clipped my finger nails, cut my hair, had sex, ovulated, had my period, took my birth control, ect...

Adults tend to ask themselves, "when was the last time I did this"... and tracking all of that data is easier when the user has a simpler way of adding it. Once the data is added, it can produce visual data by revealing what time you tend to... or what habits tend to happen.

The Alexa, I just did this skill...

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @SunsetRunner! That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about having the "Alexa, I just did this skill".

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thanks for the comments, 

I have found that syncing my fitbit makes data uploading simple. However, I've also realized that adding food, drinks, ect. . . is a chore and is too much process to add manually every day. But, talking to the smart home, will make that so much simpler and I'd be more likely to add the data.

Hope to see more up votes,

JSanti23
First Steps
Incorporate the amazon smart devices screen for quick toggle/touch control of smart devices like lights and switches, without having to use voice.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JSanti23, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see use smart home skills with Fitbit devices. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Jereld37
First Steps
It would be handy to be able to have Alexa listen for her name instead of holding down the side button or swiping over to the app.
So if my hands where dirty I could just say “Alexa” and she’d turn on. And for the people that like privacy there could be a setting to turn it on or off in the Alexa section.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jereld37, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see activate Alexa with your voice. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JayinToronto, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about using Alexa voice command to start an exercise from Fitbit Versa 2. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

l0ta
Recovery Runner
I feel like voice input in general is pretty overlooked on fitbit devices. We already have the technology necessary to do so much...and yet...we can't pick up calls...etc etc.
If we have Alexa on our fitbit devices it would make total sense to be able to control the watch via voice e.j.: "Start running"--> enter workouts, enter run, start it.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @l0ta, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use voice command to start an exercise. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

FaultFinder
Recovery Runner
Alexa is a great feature on the Fitbit Versa 2, but, unlike the real Alexa device, You can’t wake Alexa using your voice. Just saying ‘Hey, Alexa’ should be enough to wake Alexa so you can ask it anything.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FaultFinder, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see voice command to wake Alexa. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.